Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Flax seed gel

Length
    15 in/28 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Flax seed gel

I am starting a thread on flax seed gel and the results anyone has experienced from using it. I made some flax seed gel today by boiling a cup or so of water and then adding a pantyhose knotted up with 2-4 tablespoons flax seed (the whole seed) inside. I let the mixture simmer till I get the consistency I like and then add to glass jar and let cool. I'm thinking about adding a few drops of my scented jojoba oil and essential oil blend from Wen. I am happy with the results and hope I can hear about everyone elses results.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Flax seed gel

I used it a bit for a styling gel, it works nicely but makes my hair a bit "crunchy".

Length
    15 in/28 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ok thanks for the response!!

Length
    16 "/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

I have used the flax seed gel several times and I really like it! With a few drops of any essential oil lasts forever. I keep it refrigerated and I can put as much as I want, everyday, morning, evening...

Length
    25/??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meganb990 View Post
    I made some flax seed gel today by boiling a cup or so of water and then adding a pantyhose knotted up with 2-4 tablespoons flax seed (the whole seed) inside.
    OMG I just posted on another thread that I have problems straining the flaxseeds out when I try to make this gel. I'm going to have to "borrow" this idea, because I really like how this gel works. I tried using one of those tea balls, but that didn't work very well. Thanks meganb990.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I've used it a couple of times. Works better for me than Aloe gel, which does give me crunchy nasty hair. I don't wear my hair down much so I don't use the gel much. I don't need it for updos.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I have a bag of flaxseeds for eating, are these the kind you're all using? I might have to try this.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    15 in/28 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you all for your responses. Yes nayver I do enjoy the flaxseed gel very much as well. Carloota no problem I actually got the idea from a forum on naturally curly. com, trust me I made a big mess the time I tried before usingt the panty hose method . Mira-chan you have beautiful hair unfortunatly mine is not very long at long I wish I could pull mine up in a bun but due to the short length I can't so I'm trying to wait it out and be patient . Kwaniesiam yes I used the whole flaxseeds the ones you can eat.

Length
    15 in/28 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I just saw a typo Mira-chan I meant to say my hair is not very long at all...woops.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Thank you! I noticed that you hair type is similar to mine too. Yours will get the length you want soon, especially with LHC to detract you with new things to try.

I strained my flax seeds out with a metal tea mesh thing that you would holdover a cup. No problems and very little mess. I do the same with all of my herb mixes that need straining.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights