Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Flax seed gel

Default Re: Flax seed gel

I love, love, :heart FSG! I have fine, medium hair. I put FSG in damp hair. I use FSG to slick crown when bunning.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Heya, anyone want to chime in (especially curlies) on their experiences with Flaxseed versus aloe vera gel(AVG)?

We've been doing CG with my husband's hair and I usually apply aloe vera gel as one of the last steps after we do LOC, but I'm wondering if flaxseed gel is a better option? He has F/3B hair and it's pretty thirsty. The AVG seems to help tame his curls a bit (helps them 'clump') but I'm wondering if we should be open to other gel types!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

AVG, even directly from my plants, makes my hair (and skin) dry. I know I'm in the minority on this one. But I love flax seed gel. I don't make it often enough, but it clumps curls and stops frizz. It works best for me when I just do it simple-water, flax seeds, that is all. No additives. I freeze some in squeeze bottles, and leave one in the fridge to use. I feel like I really can't apply too much, so one less thing to worry about.