Page 514 of 529 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    32/32/44
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

So I read that it won't hurt your hair to leave the treatment on for a while...will it lighten it more dramatically as more time passes or is there a limit? Has anyone noticed? I am about to pass out from my cough medicine but I'm wondering about whipping up a treatment and then just sleeping with it in to see if I can lighten my hair some. I dyed and don't love the colour I came out with so I'd like to step it down and see if I like it lighter and if not I'll be redying so I would like to lighten it as much as I can without bleach (the dye is already hurting it enough I would rather avoid bleach damage too!). Has anyone tried sleeping in it? Did the honey do more or is 1hr about how long it'll really do anything?

ETA: I wound up trying it out tonight, a day later...definitely understand the need for a swim cap, since it's basically just water! I wonder how it works so heavily diluted. I kept rereading the recipe thinking I'd misread it. The mistake I made was adding cinnamon. I either added too much or my hair just hated it. My hair is super tangley now and my shower looks like a cinnamon murder scene I had SUCH a hard time getting it out of my hair I'm not sure if it's even out yet. No more cinnamon for me!
    Last edited by Mandie; March 26th, 2013 at 10:11 PM.

starting my 3rd treatment tonight. no results yet but im hoping i see some within 15 treatments.

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Hi, I'm new to this thread, so apologies if this had already been discussed.

Will honey lightening only work with raw honey? I read something about this once, that the pasteurization process kills the enzymes and hydrogen peroxide.

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've been experimenting with raw honey on my eyebrows. Only applied twice, but can't really see difference yet!

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I used raw honey from a bear bottle, so it's "rawness" is questionable. I did get some results. My blond streaks came out lighter, and the darker parts of my hair were shinier. I'm trying to use up this bottle so I can get some real raw honey though.
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The wax and propolis in truly raw honey might interfere with the mix overall, I'd never waste good raw honey on my hair, I'd eat it!

A little warning: I used this treatment 3 times last year trying to lighten indigo henna black bands and I had a truly terrifying shed on my 2nd app. and it was even worse on my 3rd. I of course haven't done it again. Tons of hair lost and no discernible difference in color, I'm thinking now that a quick soap cap bleaching might be less damaging!

Be mindful of shed rates, it should be easy to shampoo out, possibly it's a good candidate to to an initial co-wash just to soften things up, it would also get out the cinnamon for those who went that route.

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've done two treatments of honey with a little bit of coconut oil and tap water (using the basic recipe quantities). There MAY be a slight lightening...there may not. In any event, my hair seems to love the treatment, so I'll stick with it. I bought some distilled water tonight so I can actually make it properly, which may help.

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

By Jove I think its working!

I've been doing somewhat lazy honey lightening treatments for a while now and I think my hair is actually lighter. Its not dramatic, but it is a bit brighter and looks very natural, which is exactly what I wanted.

I have tried the honey lightening recipe today, as posted in the first of the thread. I used the big bear bottle of honey from Kroger (2tbsp) distilled RO water(3/4 cp) and a tsp of cinnamon. I set the water out for a bit to get it room temp(use reverse osmosis water for drinking and cooking so it was in the frig) then I added the honey and cinn, mixed it up really good and put it in a sally's applicator bottle , This worked pretty good. Soaked down the roots and upper part of my hair( 10 month growth of virgin hair) and then soaked the rest of the length, pilled it on top of my head and through the waterfall wrapped seran wrap tightly around my head, pushed it up above my eyes and I think the wrinkle of wrap helped it not to run in my face... yes my shirt was soaked by the end of the hour but ok Pretreatment I used a scant bit of baking soda and scrubbed my scalp just to make sure no oils were built up (horrible experiment yesterday with homemade cream and honey shampoo, way too oily for my thin hair i guess) then rinsed well and after treatment I rinsed with water then followed up with my regular vinegar rinse 1 cup vinegar and 4 cups water strength.
    Hair feels amazing, no crunchy ends although it was a bit tangly to comb out. No bad reaction to the cinnamon but then I did not scrub my scalp with the lightener just worked it through as I would any dye product.
    I do have a question tho, I do not use shampoo ever on my hair, generally just a scant amount of baking soda to wash my scalp then I rinse with water folowing up with the vinegar rinse. As the honey is not a dye or colorant, should this practice continue to be ok?

Not much of a color change that I can tell today, but I think it may have brought out highlights up to so evening out the tone some

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I can't see your washing practices being problematic with the honey. My hair loves honey so its always happy after these treatments. I think mine worked subtly after quite a few rounds. I'm content with it as I don't want any dramatic lightening