Page 488 of 529 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    15/32/33
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

I have just done honey lightening on my roots as they were looking quite dull compared to the rest of my hair which is very light from the sun. To say i am impressed is an understatement! As soon as i got out of the shower i could see the difference immediately.

My hair is still wet here but you can see how light my roots are:

Natural Blonde...Had a few years off LHC enjoying my long hair (a little too much) Back to improve on hair quality ....and maybe a little more length
    WAIST/HIP - - -1c/2a - ii - F - - -

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Wonderful news. Your hair looks gorgeous.

Of course everyone will want details. Care to share your recipe, and method?

ETA: and honey used

That is the only thing I still update - the Successful Honeys List for those who read it.

The only problem with that, is like conventional products, honeys are subject to change. Different blends from different sources can be used by the same brand and in the same type of honey.
    Last edited by ktani; November 26th, 2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: ETA

Length
    15/32/33
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Sorry Ktani, I can't give a brand name for the honey as it came from the bee hives we have at home

I used 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of cone free conditioner and 2 tablespoons on distilled water.

I applied this to the first 2 inches (roots) and left for 1 hour. I then applied the left over solution to the rest of my hair and left for 10 minutes.

Natural Blonde...Had a few years off LHC enjoying my long hair (a little too much) Back to improve on hair quality ....and maybe a little more length
    WAIST/HIP - - -1c/2a - ii - F - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oksana View Post
    Sorry Ktani, I can't give a brand name for the honey as it came from the bee hives we have at home

I used 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of cone free conditioner and 2 tablespoons on distilled water.

I applied this to the first 2 inches (roots) and left for 1 hour. I then applied the left over solution to the rest of my hair and left for 10 minutes.
    You obviously have great honey at your disposal. Interesting mix and the bottom line is, it worked well.

Thank you for the details!

Mixes and products can vary and can work well. The variables with conditioner made results on the whole inconsistent and that is why they are no longer recommended. Some conditioners blocked lightening, ETA: while a different conditioner worked well with the same recipe and honey.

The pH of the honey when diluted with water is a factor too.

Your recipe is unique and it worked wonderfully.
    Last edited by ktani; November 26th, 2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: ETA

Length
    13/13.5/38
    Type
    2c/M/ii

maybe it has been asked before but this thread is so huge and cant read it all ..

why not add a few drops of peroxyde from a bottle to the honey lightening mix ?

For anyone new to this thread, most topics are covered in the first post of this thread.

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Oksana, that is amazing! I'm still having an awful lot of trouble getting it to work for me, not to mention the trouble I have with the inevitable sticky, drippy mess that it tends to make

I got some of that Jarrah honey the other day and tried it with that but still didn't get any results I mixed it with cardamom and EVOO.

I think the next time I try it I need to try and make a less messy way of doing it. I'm basically mixing it into a bowl, drenching my hair in it, pouring the remainder into a swimming cap and then putting the swimming cap on my head. It drips everywhere and makes a horrid mess, so I have to do it in the bath and stay there for an hour hoping it will work, but I figured that would be the best way to make sure it was all wet. I read about applying the mixture with a brush, but I wasn't sure whether that would keep it wet enough.

Length
    14"/22.5"/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I know it says use on freshly washed hair, but I've got my mix recipe to do soon and I'm not sure if I actually need to wash it out after. I'm due for clarifying wash so should I do that first then the honey and then conditioner?

Length
    chin/mbl/whip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I feel so silly now a week and a half ago I dyed my hair with pure henna , but my bottom part of my hair has old black henna (not pure) which only shined red and my virgin hair came out a lovely deep auburn. A week later I decided to try the SMT. I only used the honey and conditioner because I couldn’t find aloe vera gel (my hair still came out soft and shiny though). Yesterday when I done my hair I realised my hair was no longer red but brown/black again with a tiny bit of red highlights at the bottom. Then I remember Ktani telling me in another thread that honey lightens hair. So I accidentally removed the henna from my :smh: I plan on getting more henna next week and redoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessfoz View Post
    I know it says use on freshly washed hair, but I've got my mix recipe to do soon and I'm not sure if I actually need to wash it out after. I'm due for clarifying wash so should I do that first then the honey and then conditioner?
    I think that if you are due for a clarifying do that first, then honey lighten.

I believe this is what you may have read, but not all of it.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=1096
    "The hair should be freshly washed or rinsed first, if there is aloe gel on the hair (aloe gel contains Vitamin C), a Vitamin C containing leave-in treatment, heavy conditioner, a large amount of oil (a large amount of some types of oil will act as a barrier to the water), or styling products on the hair. If not, a honey lightening treatment can also be applied to wet or dry, unwashed hair."