Page 516 of 529 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

^Probably, distilled water is literally JUST water, no minerals at all. You can actually make it at home, if you don't want to buy it.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

That could very well be it. Her suggested recipe is pretty specific.

Did you get any benefits? Shiny hair?

I recently tried honey lightening. I did four or five treatments over the course of two and a half weeks. I used the recommended honey that comes in the bear-shaped bottle, tap water, and cardamom in the recommended dilution.

The first time I did it, I only washed it out with Suave Naturals conditioner. I"m a conditioner-only washer, usually. I found my hair was sort of sticky and tangling after, so I did another honey treatment the next day I washed, and I washed my hair with shampoo. I followed the next one or two honey treatments with shampoo.

For the most recent honey treatment, I tried to wash it out with conditioner again. I realized it hadn't worked, that my hair was still tangling. I washed my hair again with shampoo. I tried to make sure I worked the shampoo through well so I would have no honey residue left. I've been following all shampooing's up with conditioner, as well as leaving some conditioner in my hair and using a light amount of coconut oil every few days.

Despite my most recent washing with a shampoo, my hair is still tangling. When I run my fingers gently through my hair, I can feel hair pulling and tangling.

Is it possible I would need to shampoo more than once to get rid of the honey residue? I would appreciate if someone could let me know if I did something wrong. I'm very worried about the current state of my hair. I can't even gently braid it without feeling hairs pull and maybe snap.

I recently tried honey lightening. I did four or five treatments over the course of two and a half weeks. I used the recommended honey that comes in the bear-shaped bottle, tap water, and cardamom in the recommended dilution.

The first time I did it, I only washed it out with Suave Naturals conditioner. I"m a conditioner-only washer, usually. I found my hair was sort of sticky and tangling after, so I did another honey treatment the next day I washed, and I washed my hair with shampoo. I followed the next one or two honey treatments with shampoo.

For the most recent honey treatment, I tried to wash it out with conditioner again. I realized it hadn't worked, that my hair was still tangling. I washed my hair again with shampoo. I tried to make sure I worked the shampoo through well so I would have no honey residue left. I've been following all shampooing's up with conditioner, as well as leaving some conditioner in my hair and using a light amount of coconut oil every few days.

Despite my most recent washing with a shampoo, my hair is still tangling. When I run my fingers gently through my hair, I can feel hair pulling and tangling.

Is it possible I would need to shampoo more than once to get rid of the honey residue? I would appreciate if someone could let me know if I did something wrong. I'm very worried about the current state of my hair. I can't even gently braid it without feeling hairs pull and maybe snap.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
    That's a lot of honey lightening over the course of... not a lot of time. I'd give your hair a break if I were you. I think one treatment every few weeks will be more than sufficient.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ???/43/43
    Type
    2a/M/iii

OK, I haven't read the whole thread, (Whew! LOL), but I have tried to follow all of the suggested links. I still have three questions -- and I'm 99% sure that these have been asked and answered before, but I did not see them:

1. I have an unexpected half day to devote to this. Can I leave it on longer than one hour? Does longer = better lightening? Of these two options, which would you recommend: 1. make a double batch and rinse and reapply later today or 2. leave a single batch on for two hours?

2. I have hip length thick hair -- any ideas on how much I should mix? I was thinking of using 1/2 cup honey and 3 cups water. Would that work out to one or two applications for me? I had one of the recommended honeys in my cabinet already so it's not like I'll be out any $$ if I have to throw away the extra, but I hate to be wasteful.

3. Should I use cinnamon, caramom, and EVOO, which I have on hand, or should I leave them out? Is there a link that discusses what effects they have?

Background on my specific situation:

I have never colored or treated my hair -- I am a coloring noob! So please pardon my ignorance!

I am a dark brunette and I have always loved my color just as it is. However, I know that I am going to start to go gray and I don't want to cover the gray or treat my hair harshly. So I think that I would like to lighten it some over time so that my incoming gray blends a little bit better. I wouldn't mind bringing out some more red in it if possible, but the overall goal is to lighten it towards light brown or even dark blonde so that the gray blends in. I don't have much gray other than at my temples right now, but it is starting to come faster so I think if I start now I might get ahead of the curve.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!
    Please call me Elaine

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Did an hour of honey setting with olive oil then soaked it in my hair. allowed the sun to shine on it for about 20 minutes. After that, let it set for 40 more minutes while being covered. then washed it out! i just used like a cup of honey and half a cup of olive oil, mixed it together and let it set before putting it in my hair. i didnt use any water at all. I love my hair being lighter now here is the results.

玲弁花

WOW Your results are amazing, Becca! I'll have to try your recipe tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Trying honey as a lightener for the first time... I do not have any distilled water on hand, so I made a bit on the stove. I wasn't able to make much, and I have a lot of hair... So with the 1:4 honey/water weight ratio, I don't think I'll have enough to coat my hair. I just poured honey into the bowl until I had enough that would coat my hair, and I used a lot more honey than the ratio calls for, I think! Have many people tried more honey than 1:4?
    I also threw in quite a bit of coconut oil and ground cinnamon. It smells so delicious that I want to taste it. If I don't get much lightening, I will at least get the benefit of the coconut oil mast that I usually do about once a month, plus moisture retention from the honey, I guess!

Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Trying honey as a lightener for the first time... I do not have any distilled water on hand, so I made a bit on the stove. I wasn't able to make much, and I have a lot of hair... So with the 1:4 honey/water weight ratio, I don't think I'll have enough to coat my hair. I just poured honey into the bowl until I had enough that would coat my hair, and I used a lot more honey than the ratio calls for, I think! Have many people tried more honey than 1:4?
    I also threw in quite a bit of coconut oil and ground cinnamon. It smells so delicious that I want to taste it. If I don't get much lightening, I will at least get the benefit of the coconut oil mast that I usually do about once a month, plus moisture retention from the honey, I guess!