Page 489 of 529 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    28/30/Tail
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Not sure if someone has asked this, but is the honey-lightening a permanent effect on the hair? Do you have to keep doing honey treatments in order to maintain your lighter colour?

Also, how come there is no need to microwave/heat up the honey, when the other honey treatments require it to be heated? What difference does it make?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Helenae View Post
    Not sure if someone has asked this, but is the honey-lightening a permanent effect on the hair? Do you have to keep doing honey treatments in order to maintain your lighter colour?

Also, how come there is no need to microwave/heat up the honey, when the other honey treatments require it to be heated? What difference does it make?
    Yes, it is permanent.

You can do roots only.

You are getting confused. The SMT microwaving is done to ensure no lightening will happen, by attempting to destroy the enzyme in honey that produces peroxide, when honey is diluted with a liquid that contains water. It has failed to do so twice only that I am aware of to date. ETA: when microwaving has been done for at least 30 seconds.
    Last edited by ktani; December 3rd, 2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: ETA:

Length
    28/30/Tail
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Oh thank you! I'm definitely going to try this complicated honey lightening process and keep my virgin hair I wonder if it will work on my dark brown colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Helenae View Post
    Oh thank you! I'm definitely going to try this complicated honey lightening process and keep my virgin hair I wonder if it will work on my dark brown colour.
    See the first post of this thread at the end for pictures. It has successfully been used on virgin dark brown hair.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'm curious as to how honey can lighten hair if it isn't raw. "Regular" processed honey has been cooked at a high temperature, so if heat destroys the peroxide how could it lighten hair, and why do people need to microwave it for SMT if it has already been cooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte:) View Post
    I'm curious as to how honey can lighten hair if it isn't raw. "Regular" processed honey has been cooked at a high temperature, so if heat destroys the peroxide how could it lighten hair, and why do people need to microwave it for SMT if it has already been cooked?
    Pasteurization does not heat honey long enough or at the temperature to kill the enzyme in it that generates peroxide. In all 5 Honey threads to date, more lightening has been reported from using cheap, store bought, pasteuized honey compared to those who used raw honey.

Type
    2a/F/i

I just wanted to check in to this thread and say hi to everyone!

I'm a new member and I'm so happy to be here! After my last trip to the salon for blonde highlights a couple of weeks ago, I decided enough was enough.

A couple of weeks ago I was completely clueless about shampoos and 'cones and hair care in general. Other than getting highlights, I've barely paid any attention to my hair my whole life. I think the tipping point was realizing that my front center part of my scalp is missing a lot of hairs and getting very patchy. I can barely even put my hair up in a ponytail without having scalp show through.

Well I was always one to just jump right into the deep end of the pool so here I am doing something radically different all of a sudden!

I don't want to suddenly go back to my natural brown color so I'm hoping I can grow out the highlights while using honey or something similar to make it less noticeable and two-toned.

Is there anyone else here that has been in a similar situation? Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you so much!

Type
    2a/F/i

Does anyone have any experience using honey on hair with bleach highlights? The only mentions I saw in the first post were related to honey over hennaed hair, etc.

If I use a brush to apply honey to the roots and underside of my hair only, do I need to be worried about it possibly reacting with the highlighted strands?

Quote Originally Posted by highlightedmess View Post
    Does anyone have any experience using honey on hair with bleach highlights? The only mentions I saw in the first post were related to honey over hennaed hair, etc.

If I use a brush to apply honey to the roots and underside of my hair only, do I need to be worried about it possibly reacting with the highlighted strands?
    Honey lightening has been used in the past to lighten toned bleached highlights that were brassy. It lightened the colour and there was no reported damage. It has been used successfully on lightened hair, again, with no damage or reported problems.

Type
    2a/F/i

Thank you ktani! I'm sure I'll have more questions though

I ordered a swim cap and I'm hoping to do a roots treatment next weekend.