Page 478 of 529 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    BSL/Hips/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Hey all! I'm still new here, so if this is the wrong place for this I apologise. I was just wondering if using honey to lighten you hair gets rid of your natural highlights as well, or would it make them lighter too? I'd really like you lighten my hair, but I don't want to lose my highlights!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

^^ I would think the highlighted bits would go lighter.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Ok ive just done another but with deionised water and for an hour. I used 4 tbs honey, 2 cinnamon, 24 tbs deionised water and left for an hour. It was way to runny so I added 4tbs of coneless condish and then left on hair for1 hour.

My hair is still drying but ive noticed my hair which is baby fine naturally but some of the strands got more medium with the henna are now baby fine again.

I much like the formula with the deionised water, wow it makes my hair so soft. will report back with results later.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ok ive just done another but with deionised water and for an hour. I used 4 tbs honey, 2 cinnamon, 24 tbs deionised water and left for an hour. It was way to runny so I added 4tbs of coneless condish and then left on hair for1 hour.

My hair is still drying but ive noticed my hair which is baby fine naturally but some of the strands got more medium with the henna are now baby fine again.

I much like the formula with the deionised water, wow it makes my hair so soft. will report back with results later.
    Sounds great so far. See this post, http://www.longhaircommunity.com/for...postcount=4757 for tips on drips with just water and no conditioner.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

It has brought the red out more and my individual strands are similar to my pre henna days. Ive not had quite as much pull from the colour as yesterday but its definitely working. Also the parts which where previously highlighted (then dyed and hendigoed on top) are showing lighter in certain lights! I will try the no condish next time.

The condition of my hair is still very good, no damage at all as yet. I will repeat without condish on Friday, going togive my hair a break for a few days.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

OK photo results from yesterdays treatment
    sorry really bad quality and a bit dark but the indigo is evidently fading and the henna red more obvious

and outside my back yard

and this is amazing, i love how the sunlight makes my hair look blond, bear in mind my hair was dark brown with indigo, no roots!

and in different light, different again and again good root blend

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    OK photo results from yesterdays treatment
    sorry really bad quality and a bit dark but the indigo is evidently fading and the henna red more obvious

and outside my back yard

and this is amazing, i love how the sunlight makes my hair look blond, bear in mind my hair was dark brown with indigo, no roots!

and in different light, different again and again good root blend
    Gorgeous!

How is the condition of your hair?

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

^^ better than ever so glossy and the shine is amazing. I have noted no damage at all in fact my hair feels like my virgin hair again.

I really do think this is working due to little and often. An hour say 3 times a week is better than one 3 hour treatment IMO. Also my individual strands which had got thicker with henna are back to my original fine hair. Its almost as if the henna on the hair has been shattered, if that makes sense!

A few more sessions and it wont be far from my natural colour, the one thing is does do is strip the greys from henna. I always struggled trying to cover greys which explains probably why they where the first hairs to shed their henna overcoat!
    Last edited by jojo; June 15th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Length
    13/22/40
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Sitting here, with the tomato (pasta) sauce, honey mix on my BSL hair - the drips are driving my batty - but will try and leave for as long as possible. The colour of the drips is a reddy shade - hopefully this is the henna coming away - but goodness gracious me - it pongs eeeek. Took before photos and will take after photos and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlover View Post
    Sitting here, with the tomato (pasta) sauce, honey mix on my BSL hair - the drips are driving my batty - but will try and leave for as long as possible. The colour of the drips is a reddy shade - hopefully this is the henna coming away - but goodness gracious me - it pongs eeeek. Took before photos and will take after photos and post.
    Good luck!

Tomato products are no longer recommended for this. Depending on the peroxide level of the honey used, the Vitamin C in the sauce can depete it somewhat or severely.

The pH of tomato sauce can also lower the pH of the recipe enough to cause a problem too.

See the first post of this thread - these two links.

See #6 and the list linked in it on ingredients that contain Vitamin C.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=1096

and this one on honey and pH
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=2296