Page 120 of 529 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Wink Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sissilonghair View Post
    Ok then, I guess I will do what you tell me,thanks again.
    Next time I am going to use a tint brush which I think it's the best for applying the mixture on top of the head
    Have I ever asked you if the hair should be wet or dry ??
    Sissilonghair

I think that the hair is better wet but with the 4 parts water to 1 part honey dilution - the hair wil get very wet soon enough.

With this now being the 5th Honey thread - I have as the expression goes "seen it all" pretty much when it comes to honey lightening recipe ideas.

The no drips idea is not new.

Many tried that with conditioner - or coconut cream.

The best efforts were reported to lighten hair - very, very slowly though - over months and were not reported to achieve what has been reported to be even better results with the 4 to 1 dilution in an hour in some cases.

I am trying to share the benefits with you of the accredited research I have read and the experinces of others through their reports of results - to help you get the best possible results in the shortest amount of time.
    Last edited by ktani; June 14th, 2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Honey thread

Alley Cat

Great!

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Sissilonghair

I think that the hair is better wet but with the 4 parts water to 1 part honey dilution - the hair wil get very wet soon enough.

With this now being the 5th Honey thread - I have as the expression goes "seen it all" pretty much when it comes to honey lightening recipe ideas.

The no drips idea is not new.

Many tried that with conditioner - or coconut cream.

The best efforts were reported to lighten hair - very, very slowly though - over months and were not reported to achieve what has been reported to be even better results with the 4 to 1 dilution in an hour in some cases.

I am trying to share the benefits with you of the accredited research I have read and the experinces of others through their reports of results - to help you get the best possible results in the shortest amount of time.
    ktani I couldn't help, it has been over an hour that I have another honey treatement on my head.What I did was just the 1 part of honey(cloves) and 4 parts of water applied with a tint brush...right after I got some cinnamon powder and I spreaded nice on top of my head and lenght,wet again with more honey and water...I don't feel any burning sensation on my scalp at all...let's see what comes out,I want to resist as much as I can.Ah...I forgot to say that I covered my head with a shower cap and a towel...so now I am sitting in front of the computer to wait.
    I CO before putting the mix on my head.
    I know that I won't get blonde out of this and that the process is slow..that is ok for me,I just like to sugar my hair a lot and see the beautiful highlights.

Default Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sissilonghair View Post
    ktani I couldn't help, it has been over an hour that I have another honey treatement on my head.What I did was just the 1 part of honey(cloves) and 4 parts of water applied with a tint brush...right after I got some cinnamon powder and I spreaded nice on top of my head and lenght,wet again with more honey and water...I don't feel any burning sensation on my scalp at all...let's see what comes out,I want to resist as much as I can.Ah...I forgot to say that I covered my head with a shower cap and a towel...so now I am sitting in front of the computer to wait.
    I CO before putting the mix on my head.
    I know that I won't get blonde out of this and that the process is slow..that is ok for me,I just like to sugar my hair a lot and see the beautiful highlights.
    Sissilonghair

Good luck! The recipe dilution sounds just right. The minimum suggest amount of honey is 1/8th cup or 10 grams.

Shampooing the hair is better IMO, than CO'ing before a treatment - you can CO the treatment out of your hair.

I am confused by "1 part of honey(cloves)" - did you add cloves?

Cloves is an irritant spice with a very low peroxide value - I do not recommend it.

It could just be a language problem - English is my only language - and I have problems expressing myself with it sometimes, lol.

Patch test cardamom - it is a better choice IMO, than cinnamon but it can cause sensitivity too - it has been reported to wash out of the hair better than cinnamon if you are not sensitive to it.

I am very glad to read that you are not having irritation problems with cinnamon and that using the tint brush worked well for you.

I am also confused by how you added the cinnamon - IMO, it is best mixed into a recipe after the honey has been added.

See if you can get some distilled water to use for your treatments - I recommend it to help get a better result.
    Last edited by ktani; June 14th, 2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: adjust text

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Sorry ktani, I meant clover . That was a big mistake confusing cloves with clover....

Default Honey thread

Sissilonghair

No worries - I have done worse, lol.

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

ktani...what can you tell me about saffron? Would it be ok to use it in the mix instead of the cinnamon?

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I'm doing dd(14) hair now. She's a member here but never gets on. I'm using a dark honey with the 4:1 ratio with regular water. I have no distilled water. I also added 1 Tbsp of evo. DD feels a bit sticky but she keeps licking the solution!!! LOL!!!

She's just got a towel wrapped around her - no plastic wrap or bag. I decided to do this way so I can tell when I need to mist her hair. She is soaked in honey/water/evo solution. I told her to pretend she's at a high end spa! LOL!

We'll see...

I took a before picture. I will take an after and post it in my photo album. I'll leave the link here.
    Member of the Official Hair Idiots Club

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I am not active in this thread much anymore... but for people who are interested in "bulking," could they try shea butter? My only concern is that the shea wouldn't mix with the water (which is a pretty valid concern ), I think the only reason they mixed for me was because of the emulsifying ingredients in the conditioner. My shea was also warmed up in order to make it liquidy-- perhaps using warm water and putting a bowl of shea into it would work, without raising the temperature enough to negatively impact the honey enzymes.

I did see a big lightening boost with the shea, though.

Default Honey thread

Sissilonghair

Saffron contains catalase - which turns hydrogen peroxide into oxygen and water - not a good idea for a honey lightening recipe.
    http://www.rmsb.u-bordeaux2.fr/BTK/a...5-KeyhaniJ.pdf

I do not recommend using saffron.