Thread: ISO - no cone, no protein, slip providing conditioner??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: ISO - no cone, no protein, slip providing conditioner??

biolage's conditioning balm lists Hydrolyzed Keratin in the ingredients - isn't this a protein?

Length
    28"/36.5"/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I have had really good results with jessicurl Too Shea Extra moisturizing conditioner. It is a thick conditioner, not as thick as AO honeysuckle rose. A little goes along way and you could use a cheaper conditioner on the length with Too Shea Conditioner just on the tangle prone areas. It is $13 for 8 ounces.

http://jessicurl.com/

the ingredients are
    Water infused with Lemongrass, Nettle, Burdock, Kelp, Marshmallow Root, Horsetail, Basil, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Rosemary, Peppermint, Sage and Thyme, Aloe Vera Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Letchin, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

I also found that using a leave in conditioner during the day really helped me. Karen Body Beautiful has Hair Milk and Hair Nectar that can be used as a leave in. Nectar has high glycerin content so right this winter I am using the Milk. The bottle lasts forever and they have frequent sales. (20% off)

http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com/

Hope this helps

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tessleopard View Post
    biolage's conditioning balm lists Hydrolyzed Keratin in the ingredients - isn't this a protein?
    You found it! I didn't think Biolage had any protein but if that's in there then it does. Either I overlooked it or they reformulated.

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Fngrs
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Hair View Post
    You found it! I didn't think Biolage had any protein but if that's in there then it does. Either I overlooked it or they reformulated.
    I hope this is not a recent reformulation. I looked at a tub of it a few days ago, and it did not have this ingredient.

Also, my GVP knock-off does not have protein.

On second thought, I think the poster asking if had hydrolyzed keratin in it looked up the ingredients on an old review. The one I see is from 2003. I think that might have been the old formulation.

(I'm almost panicked over here! )

Length
    SL/>SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

I think all of the Aubrey conditioners contain protein....except Honeysuckle Rose, which definitely doesn't.

This is where I found the ingredient list for Biolage Conditioning Balm. Is this not recent?