Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave in conditioner recommendations?

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Leave in conditioner recommendations?

I have been using the same leave in conditioner for years, from a company called bee mine. I recently ordered from then (in early March) and never received my order. I tried today to contact the company, and it seems they have completely shut down, their website no longer works and my attempt to email their customer service would not go through. In any case, I find myself in need of a new leave in conditioner to utilize! I would love recommendations of stuff you guys use and love. I really like conditioners comprised primarily of all natural ingredients such as oils, shea butter, etc. I'm fine using protein, but would prefer a silicone free conditioner. Thanks for your help everyone!

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Leave in conditioner recommendations?

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strength + Moisture leave in mask.
    It's 95% natural ingredients, silicone, paraben, sulfate, etc. free. Also cruelty free.

I've used it after my last 4 washes and it's absolutely amazing. Worth the money in my opinion.
    And I'm not a fan of silicone free products, but this stuff does exactly what it claims to do. Just a perfect leave in, at least on my hair.
    Last edited by nycelle; April 16th, 2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typos

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Length
    28"/35"/clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I'm fond of using Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm as a leave-in, it gives me a lot of slip and moisture, and it's cone free. However, it's not very natural, some of the first ingredients are alcohols, but I believe I read somewhere that they're one of the alcohols with larger molecules and so they don't damage hair, are beneficial, etc. Also, it's very very thick which I like.

Garnier Whole Blends legendary olive leave in is good. It has olive leaf extract in it and some other good ingredients. No silicone. If you have a Walmart where you are, they have it .Dollar General also has it.
    I know Shea Moisture has some leave ins. Or if nothing else , you can Google it and it will give you suggestions.
    If you do the CG method they have a treasure trove of videos and information on YouTube and other places.
    This forum's a great place to start too , these ladies and gentlemen know their stuff!

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

R&B from Lush. Quite expensive, but for me it lasts 6-9 months (depends on the frequency of washes).
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

The Shea Moisture JBCO (Jamaican black castor oil) leave-in. Comes in a tub but is quite runny, so you have to be careful with it. It is super moisturizing, so you don't need much of it. I use about a coinsize for my lenght, spread through palms & scrunched in. It is more than enough!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Could you post the ingredients of your old one?

Length
    26/30/CL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii/iii

This is the one I use, I only spray it on the lengths though. I try not to put anything on the roots other than shampoo.

(Sorry for the big photo)
    Shower detangling since November 2018. No trims or dye since August 2019
    Goal: Longest layer at Classic.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! Here are the ingredients of my old leave in:
    Distilled water, Hydrogenated Persea gratissima (Avocado) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Emulsifying wax, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Paraben & Formaldehyde Free Preservative & Fragrance

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I would recommend Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. I use it after every wash, and it's amazing.