Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Late night emotional chop

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Late night emotional chop

DD, that's a better result than I thought! Your aim WAS kind and I'm happy you're happy!
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

That looks really great, and I'm so glad you're feeling some happiness in your hair again!
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Goodness! I'm just glad it looks good and it wasn't too emotional of a execution on the chopping block I thought it was gonna be to neck and crooked Thank goodness it wasn't.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Type
    2a/C/ii

It looks really good! The first post had me a bit worried, I can soooo relate to doing something like that, I can't even count how many times I've done it myself.
    Last edited by Estrid; March 17th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thankyou all for your kind words. It’s so nice to get words of encouragement and support. I won’t reply individually as there too many!!!

I took 5 inches off all in all and I am closer to apl to bsl.

Today I have been on a university open day, it was windy and snowy not to mention freezing blooming cold haha. Good weather for testing hair though. Anyway, the front of my hair stayed looking fabulous, big bouncy waves, the type that people get from a hot iron. The back looked a bit tatty after all that, but hey what can you expect. So for me it’s past the looks good for more than an hour test!

At the minute I am happy, I think I’ve got a full hemline for the first time ever, I can wear it down and get it to look nice with minimal effort (I’m lazy with hair styles), it’s still long enough to wear up and the length suits me.

Will I regret it in a few weeks? Maybe. But hair needs to be enjoyed doesn’t it? I have though made a decision to go for quality over length. So the length I am now going to aim for is going to be based on my hemline. As a thin/finey my hair can’t take the big sheds, it just shows up too much.

As a side note, this morning I examined the ends of the hair I cut off and it was in great condition, I only found two split ends. Only in the life of a lhc’er 😂

I can only pray that you find peace with your hair, from this point on hopefully, and that your hair growth journey from this point on happens to be a much more successful, and less stressful one for you, for sure, than it was before.

Good luck!

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

sending good vibes and a hug your way.

Your hair looks great ! Just take it as a fresh restart and enjoy your hair journey . Many hugs !

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Enjoy your lovely fresh start and particularly your thick ends! I have a fondness for thick ends (because I don't have them )
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

You are a very lucky duck! When I did something similar it took MONTHS for me to be comfy with my hair again, I was so sad and *so* disgusted the next day.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!