Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Demand for long hair friendly hairstylists?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Default Re: Demand for long hair friendly hairstylists?

Yes, I would. For trims.

Length
    2/24.5/54
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

If I knew of a local person who was long hair friendly, I would definitely go.

The things I would LOVE to see at a salon would be:
    Henna (gentle techniques, BAQ henna)
    Deep conditioning treatments and oiling
    Gentle, hair friendly styling (like some fancy braids for a special occasion)
    Trims (done by someone who can/will maintain the most length while maintaining hemline and getting rid of damage)
    S&D sessions

I would absolutely splurge ever other month or so to get my hair pampered by someone who knows and appreciates long hair.

Ooh, bonus points if there could be occasional hairstyle classes. How to do cool buns and braids and such.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Length
    30/50/50
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Thank you for all the encouraging comments! It's going to be about two years before I can go to cosmetology school, but once my babies are in school I am planning to do this. I appreciate all the suggestions and hey, in a few years I'll have even longer hair to draw in customers

Love the idea of style classes and henna services. I feel pretty comfortable with henna so I could do that!

I definitely plan to do all the normal hair cutting and stuff for "normal" hair lol. But I thought it would be helpful to have a special niche and I think people will see my hair and understand that I will take good care of their long hair.
    Last edited by cm006j; March 20th, 2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Reached my goal of knee length/50 inches. Now seeing how long it will go! Long Hair Carolyn on YouTube

Length
    SL/KL/MTL
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Love it if there was one near me, I'm getting split ends trimmed on Thursday and am so scared the hairdresser will cut too much off.
    Loose: WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL-FTL-MTL-KL
    Braided: WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL-FTL-MTL-KL

Length
    ~WL/BCL/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Personally I wouldn't go. I prefer to do my own. That being said, I think most of the hairdressers in my area are already long hair friendly. I know a couple have rather long hair themselves so I'm sure they can relate to long hair problems and concerns. I would recommend the extra training just to give you that edge. Plus, word of mouth that there is someone trained in long hair care where you practice would be a positive.
    Last edited by hennalove; March 20th, 2018 at 02:21 PM.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Omg what I would do to have a George Michael salon near me! My experience there i think ‘89 ish -90 was unlike any other salon and my hair was like silk.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)