258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easier

160 62.02%
  • Harder

49 18.99%
  • The same

49 18.99%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is longer hair easier or harder to care for?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Is longer hair easier or harder to care fot

Long hair is so much easier. There are no bad hair days! Sure, washing and drying hair takes longer than short hair, but my sister with her shoulder length hair has to faff about with curlers every morning for at least an hour to get her hair presentable. Me = less than a minute= a nice bun for the day.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Long is easier for me: no washing every day, no salon visits, no bad hair days.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shaluwm_agape View Post
    Love these! I had my hair cut in to 2 different style pixies. The second was easier to maintain then the first in the sense that it was tapered but the washing and flatironing was crazy. And growing it out was a pain having to get it cut every month to avoid the growing out phase.
    I'm 5" (not stretched) away from apl & this to me has been the worst. Since finding out all the things i have done that hurt my hair... trying to protect it is hard. Its too short to really style. Just frustraring. So i am soooo glad to hear these i cant wait so that i can just be lazy
    You might be able to wear a peacock twist, with a claw clip.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Its all what you like I would take a bit more effort if I could get past knees / ankles who's with me?
    Hey, I'm with you on that note! I know that I have a long ways off before I reach my knees but I know that someday soon I will get there! I'm at WL right now.

Account closed by member request
    Length
    11CBL/33"HL/40CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    You might be able to wear a peacock twist, with a claw clip.
    I just ordered some really pretty claws. Hoping they get here soon

Length
    MB/Waist/??
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Long hair is soooooooooooooooooooo much easier, in my opinion. I don't have to style it or spend tons of money on hair products and hair cuts. I wear it up in a bun or do a quick braid and then out the door I go. I have friends that wash and style their hair every day, taking up to an hour of their morning. Every. Single. Day. I wash every 4-5 days and my hair takes 5 minutes to style, tops. Muy bueno!
    Currently at waist... and still growing!

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

My pixie was so little fuss, but I also didn't care about it looking "neat" or whatever. I preferred it to just... be all over the place. If it was laying down it was laying down. If it wanted to stick up (late in the wash weeks) then it stuck up. I actually found less of an oil problem, and I think that was due to my scalp getting plenty of air. But I was able to wash bi-weekly with no issues, and I cut my own hair (undercut for the back and sides, at like... nothing was my favorite) so that was cheap. Just some standard clippers and a long guard for the top and a short one or none for the back and sides! Twenty minutes and I was good for a couple months or more.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I voted same because I can't decide if long hair is easier to care for, maybe I'm thinking the 'care for' as my over obsession with keeping my hair healthy. When I had shorter hair, I never cared about the health, I would rip through it, sleep with it down, use heat daily and all the jazz. Now that I am caring for my long hair, it takes forever to comb, detangle in the shower...hell it just tangles all the time, I can't go to bed without putting it up, nor do anything without thinking about the repercussions that my hair will face.
    ​You Zarkin Frood

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Short hair, even my current length, is SO much easier! A pixie was the epitome of easy: wash, run gelled fingers through it, go!

Length
    SL/51/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I voted "the same" simply because I've never really styled my hair at shorter nor longer lengths, I've always been pretty low maintenance with it. It is certainly the case that with long hair I feel I need to be more careful and protective, but I've had an interest in hair care for so long that being gentle with my hair is pretty second nature to me. If I voted generally rather than personally, I think I would say it seems easier since many people style their shorter hair, visit salons, etc.