Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greasy scalp...rambling ..sorrry

Angry Greasy scalp...rambling ..sorrry

OMG,,,what a terrible greasy scalp I have ,need to wash everyday or other day even in cold weather.

Is indoor heating doing something .....my hair looks sooo greasy.

i hate my hair.....no matter what shampoo I use makes no difference.

I cannot stretch even in winter as have hormonal issues.

dry shampoos make no difference either.

its sooooooooo oily scalp and also with eczema and dermatitis I cannot stretch for long even if I want to.
    any suggestions how to balance it.

sorry for long rambling.....I am Just frustated...

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Greasy scalp...rambling ..sorrry

Wash your hair everyday then =p Is the daily washing causing your hair to be dry and frizzy? What works best for someone might not be best for you, stretching washes isn’t something that is strictly necessary. Just do whatever keeps your scalp happy!
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Oh know the feeling only too well..what has helped me is using a PH balanced shampoo but it took a month to show results..i wash it weekly..it may help but its trial and error as all scalps react differently..i too have noticed that winter makes it so much worse...

Length
    21/HL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have dandruff (probably caused by seborrheic dermatis); I use pyrithione zinc shampoo for that (usually Head & Shoulders). It is annoying having an oily scalp. I use a dry shampoo in between washes, but they don't always seem to work that well. To stretch your washes you just kind of have to deal with having greasy hair for that extra day or so. If washing your hair daily or everyday is what you need to do for your scalp, that is just fine, though. I would just make sure to use sufficient oil and conditioner for your hair type to keep it healthy. You could also try scalp washes! They are a bit tricky (for me, but I'm getting better at them), but they will help protect the length of your hair from water damage.

* SL * APL * BSL * * WL * HL * BCL* TBL * Classic ?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I used to need to wash 2/3 times a week, and in my 40s, late 30s have been (finally) able to stretch to a week. I have to say, I think my scalp may have "normalized" a little too, as now I can wash weekly.

Like Beeboo said, if you need to wash daily, just do it. There is no one saying you should stretch washes.

I would use a nice harsh sulfate shampoo, like Pantene (volume one only) or Pantene Aqua Light or Ice Shine, or a Herbal Essences volume shampoo. I would not use a moisturizing or hydrating shampoo; in essence cater to your scalp, which is oily.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Natashap View Post
    OMG,,,what a terrible greasy scalp I have ,need to wash everyday or other day even in cold weather.

Is indoor heating doing something .....my hair looks sooo greasy.
    My hair gets oily because of the indoor heating too, specially at work. I have to wash every other day. But if I wash twice, my scalp stays cleaner longer, ~2.5 or 3 days.

I first put conditioner on the lengths, wash the scalp with sulfate shampoo, let the suds travel to the lengths, rinse well, then use dandruff shampoo (a small dollop on each part, the front, back, left and right of the head), let it sit for 5 min, rinse well, condition, then finish with ACV rinse on the entire hair. Then I use microfiber towel, let it air dry and finish with low heat hair dryer on the scalp.

This post is lengthy but I hope it helps.

Currently at TBL , onward to Classic!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Keep your scalp happy, whatever it takes, unfortunately, even if it means putting up with the greasiness.

In more optimistic news? You almost certainly don't have to put up with the greasiness, but you may need to experiment a lot first. (as an aside, for your case I wouldn't stretch washes, but your hair, your decision)

what do you wash with currently? there's a bunch of variations of hair washing that might work well for you.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Class/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Mine is similar. I go two days before looking overly greasy, and stretching doesn't balance it out.

What helps for me is to part my hair on the side where it hides the greasiest spot, to avoid touching my hair during the day, and to wash my hair in sections in the shower.

I make sure to take my time getting all of my hair thoroughly wet by parting it in sections (getting it wet takes longer than the entire rest of the process) and then applying shampoo directly to the parts. This makes my hair noticeably less greasy for longer than if I try to spread it out from one point. It seems, at least for me, that if you are less thorough in one area, it seems to spread to other parts very quickly.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Yep, greasy winter hair is a thing. In the summer I can go 2-3 days but in the winter, I need to wash daily. Using neem powder has been helping me some, it dries my scalp and keeps oil at bay for a few days. It also helps with my seborrheic dermatitis, stops the itching and dries out any sores.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

You may have to wash everyday. My hair and scalp are similar to yours too. I wash everyday or every other day, and both of my hair and scalp are happy.