Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Russia :3

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Hello from Russia :3

Hi everyone! My name is Tatiana (or Tanya), I'm 21 years old, and this is my 5th attempt to grow out my hair (after my 5th big chop). Hopefully, I'll get more lucky this time round My hair is wavy - 2c, I guess, low porosity (at least it floats on the water surface), medium density and more on the fine side, but not super-fine. I've had a solid BSL before, but then my hair got really dry with lots of split ends and breakage - probably due to my poor diet during an episode of depression, so I've had to cut it to APL in March... and then to SL in May, and then to some sort of curly bob in June. It was quite nice and fun, but before that I've really wanted to grow my hair out to the waistline (and almost succeeded), have found this amazing forum, tried to change a few things about my (frankly, almost non-existent) hair care routine - but life happens, so now I'm back at where I've started two years ago, at SL. My DGF is showing some interest in hair care too - after she chopped her long and beautiful hair with something like kitchen scissors (brr!), and my mom has exactly the same hair as me, so my "new hobby" might also be useful to them. As for now, I'm trying to sort out my eating habits and stress levels, and to find and maintain a healthy and realistic hair care routine (instead of just using that shampoo for straight blond hair that my ex-friend from Moscow forgot in my bathroom a hundred years ago )

It is a great pleasure to read this forum, and I'm looking forward to know everything and everyone better

And this is my crowning glory (am I right about the texture type, btw?)

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hello from Russia :3

Hello and welcome! I'm not good at hair typing, but I'd think 2c/3a was pretty accurate? If your care isn't optimal, then you could be more curly than you think (I, apparently, actually have at least 1c/2a hair, but look at me! LOL).

I'd suggest looking into the LOC method, and oiling your hair! Also finding a really good conditioner or four would probably help a ton! From everything I've been reading the past two days, on top of things I've picked up from reading random comments on here, waves and curls generally need a TON of moisture. There's the curly girl method (which I recommend looking into!), and that basically says "no shampoo, conditioner only!" for curls. Of course, as with everything your mileage may vary (YMMV), but the biggest thing for curls and waves is definitely moisture moisture moisture! It's best to find the products that work for you, but you can probably search around for a list of highly recommended ones to try out!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Hi and welcome victorian girl! It's definitely looking in the 2c range if not curlier.

I'm originally from Russia, though now I'm halfway across the world from there.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Corvana, mira-chan, nice to meet you and thank you so much for your suggestions! Actually, on this photo my care is already a bit better (pre-poo oiling, shampoo bar, organic leave-in spray), but this is day 3, just after detangling (with spray and fingers), no brushing (although I brushed on the previous day - hence the frizz on the left?..). I'll give LOC a try - have to buy a cream though, and I've read that it might be too heavy for low-porosity hair (and my hair is straighter and less dry underneath those top layers), but maybe for special occasions it would be nice. And I still have to brush to make a ponytail - it doesn't work otherwise (yet?), but my hair is kind of soft and looks not so bad if brushed properly (without ripping half of it out ).

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by victorian girl View Post
    Hi everyone! My name is Tatiana (or Tanya), I'm 21 years old, and this is my 5th attempt to grow out my hair (after my 5th big chop). Hopefully, I'll get more lucky this time round My hair is wavy - 2c, I guess, low porosity (at least it floats on the water surface), medium density and more on the fine side, but not super-fine. I've had a solid BSL before, but then my hair got really dry with lots of split ends and breakage - probably due to my poor diet during an episode of depression, so I've had to cut it to APL in March... and then to SL in May, and then to some sort of curly bob in June. It was quite nice and fun, but before that I've really wanted to grow my hair out to the waistline (and almost succeeded), have found this amazing forum, tried to change a few things about my (frankly, almost non-existent) hair care routine - but life happens, so now I'm back at where I've started two years ago, at SL. My DGF is showing some interest in hair care too - after she chopped her long and beautiful hair with something like kitchen scissors (brr!), and my mom has exactly the same hair as me, so my "new hobby" might also be useful to them. As for now, I'm trying to sort out my eating habits and stress levels, and to find and maintain a healthy and realistic hair care routine (instead of just using that shampoo for straight blond hair that my ex-friend from Moscow forgot in my bathroom a hundred years ago )

It is a great pleasure to read this forum, and I'm looking forward to know everything and everyone better

And this is my crowning glory (am I right about the texture type, btw?)

I think that's 2c/3a yes. I think you've typed yourself quite right!

And welcome to the forum, Tatiana!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Welcome ~ happy growing

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! Your hair has such pretty waves/curls! Happy growing to you
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

lapushka (your nickname is so cute!), Groovy Granny, Sarahlabyrinth - thanks for your kind words

Length
    15/31/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Loving your crowning glory! Happy growing to you!

I admire the feminine styles that can be found in Russia, as well as the long hair! Ofcourse I have never been there so don't know the reality, but that's kind of an image I have about Russia. Maybe you'll come up with a Russian haircare secret that they use in your country
    16.APL.BSL.WL.Hip.33.34.35.36.37.
    BCL.39.TB.41.42.43.CL.45.46....55.Knee

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights