Thread: Variety of Hairtoys for sale (Magicatt's)

Default Variety of Hairtoys for sale (Magicatt's)

I’m finally having time to start selling Magicatt’s hair toys. I’ve been researching items and will be selling in batches as I have time. I’ve done my best with the information. If you would like additional photos or have questions about appearance, etc… let me know. I’ll do my best to answer. Some of the items I just don’t know anything about. (And if you have read my other posts, you’ll know that I don’t know a lot about hair toys!) All money from sales will, of course, be going to her husband. There are a few items free with purchase at the end.

I have more things to come later including older Ficcares, Flexi 8’s, and a Timberstone Turnings or two…

I don’t have numbers on the photos themselves, but the numbers count from left to right, with the descriptions having a number for the photo. If it starts with a 1.x it is in the first photo group, with a 2.x in the second photo group, etc… Shipping on all items is $4 in the US. Outside the US, I’ll have to figure it out.

1.1.) Medeteranian Olive Burl Crescent Hair Stick - $22

It was purchased from this listing on Etsy for $32 and looks like new.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1130871...erranean-olive?

1.2.) Brazillian Tuplipwood fork - $18

Was purchased for $26.95
    Approximately 5” 1/4 x 1” 3/4 wide. Tulipwood with TungOil Finish.
    This is a really beautiful piece of wood and is curved slightly for the curve of your head!

1.3.) Hand carved Acorn Hair Fork -- $5

Unknown woods.

1.4.) Abstract Butterfly design two-pronged hair fork $12

Hand Carved Eucalyptus Wood stained red.
    Unique design. I know Jenna was really happy with this fork when she got it.

1.5) Two prong red Dymondwood hair fork $12 ON HOLD

Dymondwood fork from 60th street. The style and grain match this photo almost exactly, though the color is different. https://www.etsy.com/listing/5591333..._home_active_4

2.6) Yellow-orange marbled turned acrylic hair stick $10

This hair stick is a bit more yellow than the photo shows.

2.7) Cherry and Teak hair stick -- $16

(Originally purchased for $28 )

2.8 ) Beautiful carved Calla Lily hairstick. $30

I believe it is hand carved cherry wood and is from Schnitzstube as this listing on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/5141594...hairpin-carved. (Her selling price is $47.56)

2.9) Curved interesting grain hair stick. $10 SOLD

Has a clear varnish on the front and sides, but only sanded very smooth on the back. The back and sides have what I believe are a few small natural wormholes

2.10)
    Oregon Big Leaf Maple hairstick $9 SOLD

Has a beautiful grain and is very smooth.

2.11) Glass Marble Hairstick – Emergent Glass $22 ON HOLD

I believe it is this color scheme: https://www.etsy.com/listing/80680076/marble-hairstick-exotic-green

3.12) Wooden and Buffalo Horn Barette $7

The black portion is the buffalo horn.

3.13) Vintage Winter Fox barette $4

3.14) Tiger Swallowtail butterfly hair cup from Mythical Designs -- $15

It is 6" across at its widest point and 2" between holes. The stick is a bit over 6” long.

4.15) Bright abstract hair stick — $15

From original listing: “This captivating hair stick starts with a black wood hair stick capped with a gold plate ornate bead cap. Next I placed a large Swarovski crystal bicone in eye catching fuchsia pink. The center position is held by a vibrant coin bead made of shell with an unique bright overlay design. I set the purple, pink and green coin off by enveloping it between two ornate, oval gold plated bead caps. This beaded display is topped with a smaller, peridot green Swarovski crystal bicone. I named this hair stick Irisa which is a Russian name meaning "rainbow; iris flower". “ Originally purchased for $25

4.16) Black chopstick hairsticks with painted red and blue roses. Pretty green glass flower beads dangling from top. $9

4.17.) Orange you happy hair stick. $9

From original description: “Hair stick is decorated with natural stone, delica beads, plus lovely glass flowers and and butterflys. ~~ hemp thread” Originally $15

4.18 ) “Antique” bat hairstick/hairpin $25

From its original Etsy listing: “This adorable bat hair stick is made of antler. It's very light & porous so I'm pretty sure it's antler rather than bone. The stick part is made of brass. Not sure of it's exact origins or age. The bat measures about 1.5" tall and 2.5" wide. It is a lovely, unique piece!” (The original listing called it antique in the title and then said it was unsure of its age.)
    Although the bat may be light, the stick itself makes this rather heavy. It was originally purchased for $35

5.19) Blue Opal Hammered Copper Hair Comb $16

This patinaed copper fork has a pretty blue opal bead with mottled green and blue coloring. There are aqua seed tube beads decorating the wire wrapping. The ends of the fork are balled so it won’t poke your scalp. She paid $28 for this originally.

5.20) Antler hair stick with lapis cabochon decoration $15

I’m not sure what kind of antler, though my husband thinks it is probably shed deer antler.

If you are purchasing one of the items above you may choose one of these free to go with it, so long as they’re available.

6.21) For crafting your own design. Two short silver-tone patterned hairsticks with loop at top. GONE
    6.22) Dice Hairstick with Hedgehog for the number 1
    6.23) Hair stick with abstract black and swirl glass bead
    6.24) Hand carved hairstick. Small grain wood, similar to teak. (Could be teak, but not sure.) GONE
    6.25) Pink and Yellow acrylic twist hairsticks.
    Last edited by DesertUnicorn; November 25th, 2017 at 06:43 PM.

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Variety of Hairtoys for sale (Magicatt's)

Wow, I love the bat but I'm sure it's too big for me!
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Wow, I love the bat but I'm sure it's too big for me!
    The bat itself is about 2 1/2 inches across, but it is the stick that makes it big... It's about 7 1/4 from the top of the bat to the tip. Here's a photo that shows the bat closer up...

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I love the crescent. I’ll be keeping my eye on it
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I love the red dymondwood fork but fear it has already been snapped up.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

I am in love with 2.9) Curved interesting grain hair stick !!!
    Message sent
    Life is too short - Embrace each day for the gift that it is

Quote Originally Posted by CindyOfTheOaks View Post
    I am in love with 2.9) Curved interesting grain hair stick !!!
    Message sent

My stick arrived today and I am so happy with it.
    It's exactly what I hoped it would be !
    Positive feedback left for you
    Life is too short - Embrace each day for the gift that it is