Thread: Hello everyone from Spain! I need your help.

Default Hello everyone from Spain! I need your help.

Hello everyone! First of all I want to apologize for my English, I'm from Spain and I do not express myself very fluent in English. I hope we can understand each other well.

I will introduce myself, my name is Estibaliz, as I said I live in Spain. I have always read to you but I have never dared to register in the forum. I have to congratulate you for your impressive hair, you give me a lot of envy.

The reason I decided to enter here is because I'm thinking about dying with henna, and I need your advice. I have a problem of seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and for wanting something natural, years ago I dyed with Radhe Shyam's henna, but the color it left on my hair did not please me, it was very artificial. Besides, I discovered that it was not pure henna and that in its composition it had sodium picramate.

A month ago I dyed myself with chemical dye, (not finding another henna that Radhe Shyam), due to the gray hair that is growing, and I regret a lot. My virgin hair turned rough (my hair is frizzy, but it was medium soft and shiny) and my scalp ... horror!

A few days ago I found in a shop, henna tazarine and rajhastan, dried hibiscus flowers, and beet roots. The hair tone that I would like to achieve is a Bordeaux or cherry coke. My natural color was dark brown with lighter reflections in the sun with about 20/30 gray hairs.

Can you tell me how to prepare the henna to get a cherry color, and other things that I have to do? I never prepared pure henna
    and I'm afraid that my hair will be artificial red and very damaged and dry.
    Could with my henna-dyed hair continue to apply my intensive coconut oil treatments?

Thanks, a pleasure to meet you all, and sorry for everything I wrote.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Hello everyone from Spain! I need your help.

I can't help you with advice but want to say welcome to the LHC, and happy growing to you
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    25/25/32
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I have never used henna, but I do have one piece of advice. My husband has seborrheic dermatitis on his scalp (and his face, poor guy), and we learned through research that olive oil will cause the fungus to grow. So, make sure that none of the products you use contain olive oil.

Length
    31.5/31.5/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hello, and welcome.
    There are some henna experts here that can give you more info in the Recipes and Herbal Haircare forum, but my natural color is similar to yours, and repeated uses of unadulterated henna gives me a burgundy color. It's less the mix (IIRC, most of the things you can mix in aren't that permanent and may fade) and more the buildup of color over time.
    The damage/dryness is more of an individual thing-I find that it improves my hair a great deal, and any dryness is handled by conditioning well afterwards. I don't think oil treatments should be an issue, though it might fade color. You can test it on hair pulled from your brush to see what the results would be.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

What's your texture like? 1, 2, or 3, or 4?

I would check out the natural dye forum on here, and read the henna FAQ as well.

With all color wants, test strand your own hair. This means not doing anything impulsive, and collecting shed hairs for 2 weeks to a month, so you have hair balls to test color recipes on.

Welcome!

True, with SD you can't use oils on the scalp at all as it will cause the fungus to grow and it will make it worse. Do you have a special shampoo to treat it? Have you gone to the doctor for it. You must have, as you have a diagnosis.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Welcome ~ happy you joined us ~ good luck

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome! You've already been given all the advice I was going to give, so I'll just leave you with I hope you find what you need!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

welcome!
    I wish u a fast recovery from your sebohreic dermatitis.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! You've already been given some good advice

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request

Hello and welcome, I sure as hell cannot help you unfortunately but besides reading the stuff Lapushka very well advised I would change the title or add the word henna to it so the experts would see what it is about and chime in.