Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Long hair in your local population?

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Long hair around here is practically non-existent. I have seen one woman with waist-length hair last month, thatīs all in a long time... and I assume she was on holidays here, so not really "local population".
    Not even small girls have long hair, for them shoulder-length or shorter seems to be common this year.
    From teens to about 50s itīs up to date to have straight short and/or layered hair in almost every colour, as long as itīs not the own natural one, somewhere around shoulder-length or APL. Same trend as last year.
    The older ladies around here prefer either pixie in grey/white or coloured with perm.

As long as they donīt tell me which hairlenth I should wear, the short-haired trend is completely o.k. for me. Maybe itīs a little sad that the other side of the spectrum is so underrepresented around here... but hey, trends come and go and hair is growing all the time maybe next year.
    And on a side note: Iīm completely out of fashion... fine!

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Here in Nova Scotia, I see a reasonable number of people with long hair. Although hair past waist length is rare, I do see people with hair that length on occasion. Long hair on men is not that common yet, but the occurance is increasing, and it is rare that I go for my walk to the mall and fail to see at least one other guy with long hair.

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Northeast Texas: quite a few longhairs but not in my particular peer group. Unfortunately, much of the long hair you do see is not well kept or particularly lovely although every so often a stunning head of hair will walk by. (With a body underneath it, of course!)
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    7/35/50
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Buckinghamshire, UK: I see quite a few female teenagers with BSL hair, though it's rarely virgin. Bleach is very popular around here, as are very choppy, straight styles.

Occasionally, I see some women in their 30s-40s with longer hair.

I imagine we have some really long hairs around as we have a moderate Sikh population and they refrain from cutting their hair for religious reasons. They wear it up and covered, though. I'm also pleased to note that a lot more male teenagers feel comfortable wearing longer styles now. Chin length or longer is relatively common in the grammar school boys (ages 15-18, I think).
    Lady Guanyin of the Iron Leaf in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a, M, iii. Hip length achieved, Nov 2010! Next goal: 100% natural coloured hair.

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Where I live there are a lot of South Asians and some of the women (and the men too) have extremely long hair. They're sikh so it's some religious thing. The men wear their hair in turbans, though.

Generally, their hair is a helluva lot thicker and more impressive than my feeble uber fine hair.
    Tired mom of two young children. Beginner sew-er, knitter and crocheter. Also, I like baking cakes.

Length
    ??/33/TERM

i see at least one or 2 ladies or girls with waist lentgh hair dailly nd know of a couple of guys with waist length hair. Known one other lady of my age or older with TB length hair.
    Cheers
    Juanita

Daggy= Scruffy

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

The last town I was in had quite a few waist lengthers in but where I am now shoulder is the longest I have seen.

(these are towns just five miles apart in oxfordshire uk)

Length
    24/28/36
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

lot of long hairs in st louis malls

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I've seen one girl at my church with classic length hair (thick and wavy), but other than that, no one around here has hair past their shoulder-blades. Although I have noticed that with the fashion trends rising for this spring and summer, some of the girls have taken to the runway models long locks and have, for the moment, decided to grow their hair long.

Which to me means that their hair will be no more then mid-back, but that's long too!

I get comments all the time that I'm lucky I didn't cut my hair last year when it was all the rage. I'm apparently in-style now with my waist-length locks. *rolls-eyes at style trends* Do you think if the fashion trends said to jump off a cliff they'd do it?

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Default Re: Long hair in your local population?

Its unusual to see anyone where i live as most have short hair and if hair is BSL then you will get comments so for me to go out then people do double takes as its just approaching waist length,in the past i had it almost knee length and i was even serenaded in my town centre,oh the cringe moment!