Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Long hair in your local population?

Length
    ??/33/36
    Type
    3a/M/iii

I see tons of people around with long hair. Two of my best friends had hair to their hips, until one recently cut . Just walking around, though, there are a lot of people. I see at least one a day, and one of my classmates has longer hair than me. You know I bet that's it. I'm at college, you see, and I think that really encourages growing your hair out. They'll drag the last remnants of the hippy style out of our cold, dead hands.

Account Closed by Member Request

We have a small (like 3 families) Indian population, the gals all have at least hip length hair. I saw a gal (recently) w/natural red hair that was nearly classic length...She had it all down and loose rocking some natural waves...For the most part it's not very common, I've had people comment on my hair almost daily since I've been wearing it in either an English or French Braid...

Length
    mback/tbone/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

One of my housemates has almost waist length hair and I think a girl at the lab has too (but it's usually in a doubled ponytail so hard to tell).

There's a girl at bellydance class with long, dark hair between hip and tailbone length. She always wears it down and washes and blowdryes every day. Her hair was the same length the day I first met her (about 2 years ago) so I think she is already maintaining that length for quite some time and that's the reason it still looks good despite daily blowdrying and always wearing it down. Or maybe it's because her hair is at least medium and mine is fine, *sigh* it's not fair.

At ballroom dance there's this professional level girl with a mid thigh length braid. I've never seen her hair down, it's always in a braid or braided bun when she's dancing. People who don't know her name call her "the girl with the long hair". (Which means they will never call me "the girl with the long hair" there At least I can be the only girl there who knows more than two hair styles). I think it looks cool but when she was wearing a short skirt, my bf asked me if I would please never let my hair grow longer than my skirt. That means will be mid thigh at the max or I will have to wear long skirts only

For the rest I mostly see people with no longer than bra strap length hair. Down, in a ponytail or a messy bun and occasionally a braid or so, cut with bangs and layers etc. I sometimes see people with more neat or complicated buns but it's hard to tell how long their hair is.
    Being who you are is the ultimate compliment to yourself ~ Secretmidnight
    My album

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

when i go to the mall i see lots of people with long hair... most of the people who i see at the mall with long hair are of latin decent with beautiful shiny hair..
    can i call this classic length

Type
    2a/C/iii

Hair longer than waist-length is very rare in my area. At work, I pretty much never see that. Sometimes in the supermarket or mall, I will see a woman with longer than waist-length hair (she's usually Asian or Hispanic or younger than 20).

We need to encourage people to grow their hair!
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    pixie/46.5"/Term.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I've seen 4. One was a man. And I remember two Indian/Middle Eastern women who rode the same bus as me that had long hair. And then there was a woman with past classic blond hair.

46.5" ===== about 6" till knee
    1c/2a/b - M(mix of all 3 but mostly medium) - iii (4")

Length
    Short/28"/30"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I live in an area near the Johnson Space Center that is conservative, fairly highly educated, and dominated by professional people. Long hair is a rare treat; long hair on a guy is almost non-existent. In my trips about I may see occasional long hair on a female; it may be a week or two before I would see another guy with hair past his shoulders. I understand the feeling of loneliness in this endeavor; I look at it more as being "unique"!

The greatest personal limitation is to be found not in the things you want to do and can't, but in the things you've never considered doing Richard Bandler... my blog

Length
    short/SHL/~ 30
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Well since I'm in college i see plenty of ladies wit longish hair life mid back and longer. It a nice change. And at my school we have a decent population with guys with shoulder length and longer hair too which is awesome.

Living in a neighbourhood highly populated by Indians of EVERY variety, from Trini & Guyanese to Paki's & Banglas i've got plenty of inspiration for long hair!

Waist & beyond is common. Intricate braid & bun styles can be seen & the range of textures never ceases to amaze.
    With the advent of better hair practices in the black community I am starting to see longer healthier natural black hair as well in not only my 'hood but in recent travels to other states!
    2008 Goal: Full Healthy SL ACHIEVED!

hippie in a redneck world naomimcc's Avatar
    Length
    chin/?/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

I live in a town of 2,500 people and there are three, maybe 5 of us with long hair. Me, my sis-in-law, the lady who works at the health food store and the lady who works at the coffee shop. There's probably one more somewhere. But that's it. Most people however don't know I have long hair sine it's up all the time LOL!

OH! I forgot to add...we have a very high native population here with two nearby reserves and there's a few longhairs out there as well. In fact, there is one young man out there with waist length hair and it is GORGEOUS!!!
    Last edited by naomimcc; March 22nd, 2008 at 10:16 AM.