Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there coloring/perming-averse people out there?

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: Are there coloring/perming-averse people out there?

I've never heat styled or permed my hair in my life. I've only recently used a blow dryer a couple of times because the humidity and scalp issue I was having required quicker drying for my sanity.

As for hair dye, I've only used henna sporadically. Never standard hair dye.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My blow dryer actually my mom still has it (I guess) is as strong as a flat iron. Sometimes I make a dark joke "I've flat ironed my hair since childhood with that blow dryer". As for dye, my mom wondered why my dark colour was fading but she didn't realize it was sun bleached; yeah "you sweat a lot with that hat on your head". No perms, just short almost buzz cut hair to long-bob "to trim those dead ends" and "because the roots won't sustain such a length".
    My God how can people even believe such craps in 21th century?!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by leayellena View Post
    My blow dryer actually my mom still has it (I guess) is as strong as a flat iron. Sometimes I make a dark joke "I've flat ironed my hair since childhood with that blow dryer". As for dye, my mom wondered why my dark colour was fading but she didn't realize it was sun bleached; yeah "you sweat a lot with that hat on your head". No perms, just short almost buzz cut hair to long-bob "to trim those dead ends" and "because the roots won't sustain such a length".
    My God how can people even believe such craps in 21th century?!
    Blow dryers can get hot, but as hot as a straightener... I strongly doubt it. I know it's all in jest, though.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I dunno, I wasn't allowed to dye my hair while living at home (all through high school). And, by the time I left, most people around me seemed to have gotten over the dyeing-experimenting-phase in life so I guess I wasn't tempted by having lots of dyed heads around me? I quite like my natural colour anyway, can't be bothered with dyeing upkeep, and am a bit of a radical feminist sometimes. Plus, my henna gloss experiment didn't stick around longer than two weeks (isn't henna supposed to be permanent?! ), so I don't even count that as dyeing - just a bit of a strengthening treatment.
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

I was like this for YEARS, until my late teens I never did anything to my hair, I was so terrified of permanent dye and messing up my natural color. I played around with temporary manic panic dyes in high school though.
    I permed my hair last year because I’m an idiot and didn’t realize I HAD wavy hair (never scrunched it and let it just air dry without combing it out!) and I do henna now. (Done with perms obviously though :P)

I have no problem with other people doing such things! I’ve just realized I actually like what I have (with a little “plus” of a bit of henna).

Oh and I’ve NEVER blow dried my own hair or used straightening or heated curling tools. I honestly never was able to stand how long it would take to just stand there and hold a blow drier! My impatience protected my hair :P

Type
    1b/F/ii

I think everybody should do whatever they want with their hair if they are not strangling other people with it just for fun or something like that.

My skin can't take strong chemicals so I can't do anything radical. People should be careful with chemicals. Bad reactions happen. Adults can make decisions on themselves but if I had kids I wouldn't let them use anything too strong until they are at least 16 and even then I would make them do the boring allergy test every time.

I use blow drier and hair wax (I keep it away from my scalp) but my hair is short and I look like a hobo too easily. When it was long and I tried to grow it longer things were different. I didn't want to damage it in any way.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I have moved to this side of the fence. In earlier years I permed and dyed my hair, but have since realised that my natural colour suits me so well, and am now growing out the dye with much delight. No more stinky dyes!

I don't worry too much about what others do with their hair, and enjoy many of the interesting colours and effects here on the LHC.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Class/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I've always been too risk averse to try anything permanent. Part of this is because dyed or permed hair usually looks more damaged than natural hair, even at shorter lengths. To me, pretty hair is synonymous with healthy hair, not a certain colour or texture.

The other major reason is because I am about as pale as one can get naturally, and I worry that any colour other than blonde might wash me out and would look very unnatural.

I wish I could try black or red one day, though! I might try it if I ever decide to cut my hair short, because at least then I wouldn't be set back by several years if I didn't like it.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I don’t like chemical processing, it’s not for me. The smell irritates me, and sometimes triggers my asthma. I enjoy breathing, thank you very much. I also have eczema, the hardh chemicals make my skin worse
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)