Page 875 of 875 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875
Results 8,741 to 8,749 of 8749

Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Figured I'd help anyone who wasn't specifically looking, but still wanted to follow along: here is the new NW/SO thread. I haven't seen one for WO yet, though I could have overlooked it?

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I'm too shy to start the WO one....

Chromis what have you done to us?!

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I have cursed you all!

Actually, I think the new NW/SO thread looks fantastic! I love the article in the beginning, so informative. I nominate Bedhead to start all our megathreads

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    5mm/H/5mm-S/:-P
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Ha Ha! Very funny! but very kind, thank you. Hopefully no one (I'm not naming names here) will go around merging all the megathreads together , and that won't be necessary.

NW/SO since January 20, 2012 ... ... ... ...

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Miracle Water recipe; questions about a thread

Came to check on the WO thread and couldn't find it at first. Then I saw it was merged with NW and was until I read back a few pages and saw what happened LOL!

Do we have a new WO thread yet? I was looking but could not find... or I am blind. Either is possible.

As a side note about water quality and WO: NW didn't work for me because I worked outside and sometimes in attics and needed to be able to rinse grunge and fibreglass from my hair. I was NW for 4-6 months until I had a series of HVAC jobs. I switched to WO in combination with Terressentials when needed. After several years I just forgot to order more Terressentials and have been strictly WO for over a year now. I, too, have difficult water but the Miracle Water recipe that I dug up here in archives saved me and now my hair is just past knee length... but I would not have been able to do WO without the Miracle Water mix.

Miracle Water
    1 gallon hard tap water
    1/4 teaspoon citric acid
    1/32 teaspoon (yes, that is 32) ascorbic acid

I start my water warm/hot and fill a gallon jug to which I have added the powdered acids. Then I let it sit until the end of my shower and I use it as a final rinse before stepping out. My sister has short hair and uses only a half gallon with adjusted acid amounts. I used to live in an area with extremely hard water so I used two gallons back then. You will find that you may need to adjust the amounts of acid needed slightly too depending on your water and results. Too much acid=greasy hair or stiff ends (in my experience).

The one constant no matter what hair routine you choose? You will have to adapt it to your hair and figure out what works for you!

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I don't *think* one has been started, but please feel free to do so! The new NW thread makes an excellent template/example

From zero to hero

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Melika View Post
    Came to check on the WO thread and couldn't find it at first. Then I saw it was merged with NW and was until I read back a few pages and saw what happened LOL!

Do we have a new WO thread yet? I was looking but could not find... or I am blind. Either is possible.

As a side note about water quality and WO: NW didn't work for me because I worked outside and sometimes in attics and needed to be able to rinse grunge and fibreglass from my hair. I was NW for 4-6 months until I had a series of HVAC jobs. I switched to WO in combination with Terressentials when needed. After several years I just forgot to order more Terressentials and have been strictly WO for over a year now. I, too, have difficult water but the Miracle Water recipe that I dug up here in archives saved me and now my hair is just past knee length... but I would not have been able to do WO without the Miracle Water mix.

Miracle Water
    1 gallon hard tap water
    1/4 teaspoon citric acid
    1/32 teaspoon (yes, that is 32) ascorbic acid

I start my water warm/hot and fill a gallon jug to which I have added the powdered acids. Then I let it sit until the end of my shower and I use it as a final rinse before stepping out. My sister has short hair and uses only a half gallon with adjusted acid amounts. I used to live in an area with extremely hard water so I used two gallons back then. You will find that you may need to adjust the amounts of acid needed slightly too depending on your water and results. Too much acid=greasy hair or stiff ends (in my experience).

The one constant no matter what hair routine you choose? You will have to adapt it to your hair and figure out what works for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    I don't *think* one has been started, but please feel free to do so! The new NW thread makes an excellent template/example
    Here it is.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=145310
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    Awesome, thank you!

From zero to hero

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Miracle Water recipe; questions about a thread

Responded to you on the new WO thread, Melika!

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau