Page 515 of 875 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 8749

Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

I'm a 2aMii (2.75 inch). I don't really wanna use anything on my hair. Oils would weigh my hair down. I have thin (not fine but really thin) hair. And I don't wanna be dependent on products, may it be conventional products or teas or acids.

Length
    APL/BSL/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

Then maybe do some more hair massages and preen to really get those oils down? I know some produce some much after a good massage and preen that they have extra sebum on their hands and can put it on their very ends.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Hm, that would imply that my hair is dry? But it's not. It's well coated with sebum and feels smooth. But when I run my fingers through my temples and lift the roots a bit I hear a sound, like electric sizzling. But my roots just can't be dry from all the sebum there is. I don't have a proper explanation for this, really.

Length
    23/33/34
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

Hey all !
    Snapscup, the noise you're describing is quite intriguing. Do you sometimes get electric shocks ?

I also wanted to report.
    I'm struggling, no with WO particulary, but with my hard water. I have tried what I think doublecrown used to do : fill my hair with rainwater, do a WO wash with tap water and end by an acidic and rainwater rince.
    That's not enough.

I always end up with a dry mess, sticky, full of grey gunk and every single strand of hair feeling like covered with mineral micro cristals...

So, I overoiled my hair. Tring to condish them and slide the minerals. I didn't wash the oil at all. Just massaged, preened, combed, ... But still, they don't feel right when the oil finally goes.

Any advise ? I may think about buying water to wash my hair for a while but if I could avoid it, it'd be much more satisfying.
    I'm now 5weeks WO (just a few ACV rinses) and my hair tends to be dryer than oily I think.

Good luck !

Type
    2a/M/ii

You mean when I touch something metallic? No,never. I always make sure I wear natural anti-static materials like cotton.

Feeling 'mineral micro cristals' on your hair does indeed sound strange. I've never experienced that although I have about the hardest water you could get in Germany. How long do you rinse? When I rinse it takes more than twenty minutes. Twenty minutes on my scalp and then again a few minutes on my length. When I rinsed today I for the first time spend much less time on my roots and more time than usual on my length, because that doesn't look good at the moment. Now my length is much cleaner than it used to be and my roots are a bit more greasy. So the amount of time you spend on rinsing really matters. I wouldn't go less than twenty minutes.

Length
    APL/BSL/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

Dziip, you may want to look into just buying a filter for your shower head. It's MUCH cheaper, in the long run. We don't have hard water here, but plan to buy it to filter out the chlorine. (We filter our water for drinking, so it only makes sense to filter water when bathing the largest organ, our skin, and hair.)

I'm not to sure about the static. I do know friends who are more staticy than others. But it normally happens to them more when there hair is more clean? I'm not too sure.

Length
    23/33/34
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

Thank you Longforthis, I have read a thousand times about it but never really concidered to buy one. You are the nudge I needed, I guess. Here I'll go !

Snapscup : yes, I thought about this kind of shocks. One of my friends (fine haired friend) used to have statics in her hair. I don't know why and she often gave me this electrical shock on the cheek when kissing hello. I have no solution though...

Length
    5mm/H/5mm-S/:-P
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default WARNING! There's a bit of a rant in here:

Hi everyone,

I needed a break for a bit, and probably still do. The bang idea was such a bad idea. My curl makes them look like I am either from the eighties or the late 40's, so I'm not happy with them, and am waiting for them to grow. It didn't help that I didn't notice a chunk of hair from the back got cut too (not happy). Hopefully within a couple months they will be more manageable. I'm one of those post puberty curly haired people, so the last time I really had bangs, I had straight hair, which is a whole different ball game, and I didn't think about that before I went for it.

Interestingly, when the whole sebum thing calmed down, my bangs were better than the rest i.e. no excess.

This has made me think I want to throw in the towel, and just wash my hair regularly again and get a professional haircut.

My whole goal with this was to heal my hair in so many ways, and I've accomplished this, completely, and I'm so thankful. I know, I know, if my hair is happy and healthy, why change, right? Because my hair is my main form of expression as far as fashion is concerned, and I haven't been able to express ME since I started this whole thing. Braids are not me. knots that stick out can be me, but these buns are not something I want to go out and woo someone with, maybe hang out at home with. I also find people treat me differently too, and expect me to be something I'm not with my hair in braids and buns. It's frustrating! So really, I think it's just a matter of time.

I have learnt a lot, and if I do stop NW/SO, will probably limit my wash days to a bare minimum. I just feel that despite my hair being ultra healthy looking at the moment, with NW/SO I can't style it in ways I need to to express myself. So, my goal now is grow out the bangs and see where I'm at.

Have a great day everyone!
    NW/SO since January 20, 2012 ... ... ... ...

Length
    ?/13in./30

Default Re: WARNING! There's a bit of a rant in here:

You do what is right for you. Life is constantly changing so go with the flow. I know what you mean by people thinking you are something you are not because of hair style. Luckily inow live on a military post so people are user to women with buns and such. I wush I had a picture of my fro bangs I had to get for picture day in elementary school. Lol
    A blog about food, fitness, and life. http://supershakeup.blogspot.com/

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

I cut bangs too! (talk about the power of suggestion)
    but I really like mine -
    it's just a small front section that I chopped to nosetip length;
    at that length they still blend right in with the rest but provide way more body and lift out front.
    It really perks my 'dos up in a way I didn't expect.
    I suspect once yours get a bit longer they'll do the same for you, Bedhead.
    I can also wear the whole thing down, as is, without pulling any back,
    something I wasn't able to do before, but I'm now enjoying a fully sebumed head.
    Again, had no idea that would happen.
    Apparently the ends of that bang section were creating the problem - crazy.

Well, I'm coming right up on the one month of no rinsing and it's going well -
    the bangs aren't greasy at all -
    but I could use ideas from you northern folk about how to air my hair when it's so cold out.
    Sometimes it's somewhat musty.