Page 406 of 875 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 8749

Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Length
    Hip/Fgtip/More!

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

Fixed it!
    Hip...Tailbone...Classic...Fingertip...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamir0 View Post
    Fixed it!
    Perfect hair!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    5mm/H/5mm-S/:-P
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Kamir0! Lookin' good! You have some beautiful hair on that head of yours! And if that's the 71/2 then I can only suspect your hair is getting less piecy now. I wasn't sure how much the fact that I had never clarified affected the length of my transition, so I'm eager to see what happens for you over the next few weeks!

Proo have you rinsed since you wrote it had been three weeks? And yes, do you have a link? I tried doing a search, but you're a posting machine! and a search with the words "2" in 2 months" didn't bring it up either.
    Last edited by Bedhead; May 15th, 2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: typo
    NW/SO since January 20, 2012 ... ... ... ...

Length
    Hip/Fgtip/More!

Thanks PolarCathy and Bedhead.

My hair still looks best after I comb it. It is really smooth and shiny (i.e. dust/lint-free).
    As I suspected, it wasn't as good last night as it was Sunday night, but not bad either.
    It is getting less piecy all the time, although it is (and will remain I suspect) heavier than freshly washed hair.

Nobody has commented on it, not even to say it looks "wet" (which I don't think it does)...
    A friend of mine touches my hair sometimes (probably attracted by all my hair accessories), and does seem to have noticed any change...

Next week, I will be visiting my mother, whom I have told of this experiment.
    She is very open-minded and hopes it will work for me, as my hair used to be very greasy on day 2... I really look forward to her opinion as she will speak her mind.
    On another note, I am hoping to snap a few shots of her hair, which is 99% white. She washes her hair every 2/3 weeks only, which led me to think about stretching my washes...
    Hip...Tailbone...Classic...Fingertip...?

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    i wash at night and being wo my hair takes forever to dry but i cant get a comb though my nape unless its 98-100% dry.
    When I was reading through earlier on the thread, it seemed that WO take a long time to dry until you get through transition. Once the hair is fully coated with sebum, the hair starts taking a short time to dry. People thought that was because the sebum prevented the water from actually getting to the hair. So ultimately, the solution may be patience. :P

Preening very well before washing would probably help, also preening frequently during the day. Play a lot with your hair. Also, oiling your hair with waxes may help: jojoba, beeswax, lanolin. (that's only a theory, you may want to try that cautiously...)

Also, to prevent tangles, wear your hair up at night and use a satin/silk pillowcase, if you don't already. Wearing your hair up slows drying but personally I think the reduction in tangles and breakage is worth it.
    Last edited by earthnut; May 15th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    BSL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

ok so I'm sure this has been discussed but there are just too many pages to go through them all lol.

I'd like to know if there are any curlies who could share their experiences with SO.

I'm new here and just reading up on the different methods as much as possible before I make a decision on what I want to try.

The thread is called "my 2" in 2 months challenge"-
    Can y'all just search my threads and find it?
    Haven't rinsed! But I want to, it's getting over my line with regard to "feel".
    My method doesn't strip so it doesn't set me back.
    It was bugging me this morning so I preened with a silky scarf after the usual, put it up.
    Have to remind myself it'll often look better after this treatment, but not right away-
    Needs to kroizen in it's 'do first.

I measured - 22 5/8", despite weekly trims-
    so I'm happy with that!!
    Still haven't rinsed - thanks for talkin me through pals.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    When I was reading through earlier on the thread, it seemed that WO take a long time to dry until you get through transition. Once the hair is fully coated with sebum, the hair starts taking a short time to dry. People thought that was because the sebum prevented the water from actually getting to the hair. So ultimately, the solution may be patience. :P

Preening very well before washing would probably help, also preening frequently during the day. Play a lot with your hair. Also, oiling your hair with waxes may help: jojoba, beeswax, lanolin. (that's only a theory, you may want to try that cautiously...)

Also, to prevent tangles, wear your hair up at night and use a satin/silk pillowcase, if you don't already. Wearing your hair up slows drying but personally I think the reduction in tangles and breakage is worth it.
    oh i wish i had confidance that time will win out but im not strict wo due to some skin and health issues i go as long as i can wo but eventually i do some other kind of wash. hopefully someday things will improve and i can get closer to 100%.

i think i may experiment with the wax theory no jojoba though its awful on me i have to poo within a day. going to get a satin pillow case from my sis that she isnt using soon. dont think i will sleep with my hair up though braid maybe but up at night hurts my neck and makes it hard for me to settle down. besides its the only time all day besides showering that its down i enjoy it.

Length
    TERM/CHIN/SHLDR
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I've been at it for about a month now. Do you have any suggestions for making your hair fluffy and shiny while it is saturated with sebum? It looks rather dull and flat. Thanks!