Page 219 of 875 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 8749

Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Length
    23/31/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

Thanks Noula and Milui Elenath for the replies I'll stick it out for a few more weeks and see how I go. I actually think my hair is getting less greasy.

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I kind of expected, that most people w/o wash every day. Thank you for your answer fairy_ends_girl. Maybe some more people have an opinion on that?

I "need" to wash (and by that I mean washing, massaging vigorously etc, not just rinsing) about once a week, maybe I could go longer, haven't really tried.

Once I brush it (which I rarely do), all my curls are gone and since I don't like my hair straight I may wet it down, even every two days if I am in the mood. Then it's really just wetting it down with as cold water as I can stand (= what the tap can produce), then I squeeze it out or shake my head like a dog , wrap it up in a microfiber towel for a few minutes and let it air dry which takes about 1 hour only and I have my curls back.

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

PolarCathy, for howlong have you been doing it that way? Do you have pictures from the different days after the 'wash'?

Type
    1b/F/ii

I don't wash every day, I wash about once a week unless I get something in my hair or spend too much time around smokers. I have a dry scalp and dry skin and it would be very unhappy with me if I washed daily. Almost feels like my hair is too dry after a wash and takes a couple of days to normalize.

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    PolarCathy, for howlong have you been doing it that way? Do you have pictures from the different days after the 'wash'?
    This time... (because it's my fourth try with WO) about ten months?

I don't really have any pics but I could.. I am pretty much into photography, it shouldn't be too difficult to fire up the stuff once a day for a week, same lightning, same angle (same flash, same tripod, ...), same everything to see the difference, I am just waaaay too lazy. Maybe I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noula View Post
    I don't wash every day, I wash about once a week unless I get something in my hair or spend too much time around smokers. I have a dry scalp and dry skin and it would be very unhappy with me if I washed daily. Almost feels like my hair is too dry after a wash and takes a couple of days to normalize.
    Yeah. My scalp is pretty much normal, not dry, not oily, but I don't wash it very often, just the length of my hair which I get wet often (for the curls). In the last few months my scalp really normalized, I don't even brush and scratch and all the *** I used to do because "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I just leave it alone. Maybe it will backfire. I have really ignored my scalp for a month now but it seems to be happy. Today I had this stupid idea of putting smashed blackberries on my hair/scalp though, I don't know why, it was just a gut feeling that it would be good.
    Last edited by PolarCathy; January 24th, 2011 at 05:28 AM.

Length
    chin/neck/bra
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

wow Cathy! 10 months! That is amazing and I truly hope this will keep working for me! I've only been doing this for 7 days now and so far so good. So, how did the blueberries work? Your hair must smell so yummy now!

Quote Originally Posted by fairy_ends_girl View Post
    wow Cathy! 10 months! That is amazing and I truly hope this will keep working for me! I've only been doing this for 7 days now and so far so good. So, how did the blueberries work? Your hair must smell so yummy now!
    Yeah I can smell the blackberry, just a little bit and I like it. I don't really notice anything special now that it's dry, but still.. I started a thread about it because I wonder what people think about the "aspirin-like" effect of it - which it may or may not have.

7 days, keep going! I hope it will work out for you. I am trying to convince my boyfriend now to go WO, he has very sensitive scalp/skin, occasional dandruff and very oily hair.

I wanted to share a link which I found yesterday. It talks about a "lentil shampoo", among other things. It says that lentils contain saponins which can clean the hair effectively. Interesting that I found almost no information about lentils and hair in Google. It may be some ayurvedic secret.

I don't think I personally want to try any kind of saponins/soaps/baking soda/conditioner etc (in my mind, it's all about the same, it strips the oils to some extent) but I *think* if it is really so much weaker than commercial stuff with some natural saponins it contains then it *may* help people through the transition period. I guess if I started with WO now and my hair looked stringy and greasy on the fourth or fifth week and I should make myself look presentable, I would prob try something like this on my length only.

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    This time... (because it's my fourth try with WO) about ten months?

I don't really have any pics but I could.. I am pretty much into photography, it shouldn't be too difficult to fire up the stuff once a day for a week, same lightning, same angle (same flash, same tripod, ...), same everything to see the difference, I am just waaaay too lazy. Maybe I will do that.
    That would be soooo cool