Page 117 of 875 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 8749

Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Type
    2c/C/iii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by twolunarspring View Post
    Thank you, Thinthondiel - your hair is wonderful, btw
    Thanks! As is yours... and the colour is gorgeous!

Length
    Bald/1"/Term!
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

Two weeks down! My ends are nicely oiled and soft, and my shed rate has gone down slightly. My scalp is frightfully greasy, though. I have discovered, however, that Snowy's Massage Technique not only cuts down on the itchies it's also really successful at moving sebum--so after I groom my hair is halfway to almost decent.

I can't wait till I can start wearing my hair down occasionally, I'm getting really sick of buns.

ETA: This is also going a lot easier than my first attempt at NW/SO; maybe it's because I'm distracted by school, but it seems to be going faster and less greasily.

Length
    23/23/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Now that I'm about 2 months WO, I've gotten completely used to the reduced shine of my hair.
    I never had shiny hair in the first place, so it doesn't really affect me much.

The big difference I've noticed is holy-volume-Batman!
    My hair is much thicker, and it used to lie flat against the top of my head, but now my roots look like I've fluffed them up with volumizing mousse all the time.

If I don't brush, then my curl is maintained a lot better than it used to be. I can also use velcro curlers and get amazing curls. Velcro rollers never worked very well for me before, they made a very artificial looking curl, now it's perfect.

The only thing I've found is that I can't forget to do scalp massages. My scalp will smell musty and get dandruffy if I forget to massage it for over a week. (In med school it's easy to forget basic personal maintenance).

Length
    48 cm/86 cm/100+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I'm thinking of treating my hair with Cassia. Does anyone know how well that will work while doing WO? Should I clarify first? And if so, will I lose my entire progress I got with WO when clarifying and put Cassia in my hair?

Type
    2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Konstifik View Post
    will I lose my entire progress I got with WO when clarifying and put Cassia in my hair?
    I doubt it. Once your hair has started producing less sebum, it won't suddenly start over-producing sebum again just because you clarify and put cassia in it once (or even once in a while, as long as you don't do it too often). You'll remove the sebum that's coating your hair by clarifying, but you'll get that back eventually.

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Okay, I have a confession to make. I quit. I got to 6 1/2 weeks and just couldn't stand it any longer. I did a sugar scrub/CO, and then a couple days later, I shampooed. I felt sooo guilty, but I love love love the way my hair feels. It came out of its perma-braid and I wore it down several times that week. I love my hair again, and I've decided maybe WO just isn't for me. Good luck to everyone else!
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

Length
    48 cm/86 cm/100+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Thinthondiel View Post
    I doubt it. Once your hair has started producing less sebum, it won't suddenly start over-producing sebum again just because you clarify and put cassia in it once (or even once in a while, as long as you don't do it too often). You'll remove the sebum that's coating your hair by clarifying, but you'll get that back eventually.
    Alright, just as I thought then. But I thought I should ask just in case. Thanks!

Length
    48 cm/86 cm/100+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WritingPrincess View Post
    Okay, I have a confession to make. I quit. I got to 6 1/2 weeks and just couldn't stand it any longer. I did a sugar scrub/CO, and then a couple days later, I shampooed. I felt sooo guilty, but I love love love the way my hair feels. It came out of its perma-braid and I wore it down several times that week. I love my hair again, and I've decided maybe WO just isn't for me. Good luck to everyone else!
    Aww, that's too bad it didn't work for you! But you got experience and nice hair, so it wasn't a total waste of time and effort I hope!
    Good luck with your next method

Length
    21'/24'/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by twolunarspring View Post
    I'm really curious about this chai tea thing... what effect does it have on your hair other than making it smell yummy? Do you do a WO rinse and then follow it with the tea?
    The chai tea (cold) is used as a last rinse to give some shine to the hair, it is acidic and cold so it kind of work like ACV but without the aggressive acidity of vinegar.

Length
    waist/40"/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnmellow View Post
    The chai tea (cold) is used as a last rinse to give some shine to the hair, it is acidic and cold so it kind of work like ACV but without the aggressive acidity of vinegar.
    Thank you very much - sounds interesting
    One more question: do you use normal chai teabags from the store or do you blend your own? Sorry if you've already said... the thread is kinda long!