Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling European/ Dutch members! Where to buy henna?

Length
    20/26/33
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Calling European/ Dutch members! Where to buy henna?

Hello Ladies,

I am on the lookout for henna and cassia. I am currently living in the Netherlands, and I was wondering if any of you know a good source to buy? I saw some henna dyes and red henna powder in Holland and Barret, but I am not sure about the quality. Any ideas where to look? I am living in Utrecht.

Good day
    Neck length 44cm -> APL 55 cm -> BSL 68cm -> Waist 85cm-> Hip 90cm -> BCL 96cm

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Calling European/ Dutch members! Where to buy henna?

I'm in the UK... I have bought from Hennacat before. She offers shipping to Europe. (Just looked for Utrecht and it says £7).

http://hennacat.com/ocart/index.php?...tegory&path=64

Now i order from Amazon because of Prime delivery, I don't know if that's an option for you. The brand I use is "It's Pure" / Soil Association.

HTH

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I have shopped from hennacat too, and while the quality is great, the shipping is just too slow for me. It could take up to a month from I ordered until I got my order. It says on the site that shipping is free (or at least it used to say that), but I always had to pay around 9 pounds,, and when I requested a tracking number I rarely got it. It sucks, because the product really is good. But I never knew how long it would take for my order to arrive, and as I did my roots ever 2-3 months it was frustrating to feel like I had to order a new batch as soon as I'd done my roots to make sure my order was here by the time I was ready to do my roots again... Usually packages only take 2 weeks at most from the UK to here. It's been a year since I last ordered from her though, so things might have gotten better now.

I'm switching to Nightblooming henna (etsy), the shipping is a bit higher, but I only do my roots now, so I don't need as much product anymore.

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maegalcarwen View Post
    Hello Ladies,

I am on the lookout for henna and cassia. I am currently living in the Netherlands, and I was wondering if any of you know a good source to buy? I saw some henna dyes and red henna powder in Holland and Barret, but I am not sure about the quality. Any ideas where to look? I am living in Utrecht.

Good day
    The H&B one isn't bad. If it's the Jacob Hooy henna? Not bad at all!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    23/44/55
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I bought from Hennacat and Hennaboy ltd. earlier but now I buy from Hennaserai. They sell Rajasthani henna, Sojat and Jamila. Jamila crop 2017 is coming soon

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hennaplus henna (boxed and guaranteed metallic salt free) is sold at H&B too, as far as I know. They changed their name from "De Tuinen" in The Netherlands to H&B, in Belgium from "Essenza" to H&B. Essenza used to carry Hennaplus, their permanent dyes (pure henna with SP) and their semi-permanent dyes "with" henna.

Length
    20/26/33
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The H&B one isn't bad. If it's the Jacob Hooy henna? Not bad at all!
    Yes it is! I bought it yesterday actually, I am looking to do a henna gloss. The least amount of color, best of the rest.

Length
    20/26/33
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Hennaplus henna (boxed and guaranteed metallic salt free) is sold at H&B too, as far as I know. They changed their name from "De Tuinen" in The Netherlands to H&B, in Belgium from "Essenza" to H&B. Essenza used to carry Hennaplus, their permanent dyes (pure henna with SP) and their semi-permanent dyes "with" henna.
    Yes I have found a box from Henné Color - Blonde Doré, which seems to be pure cassia with some herbal extracts (no henna).
    The ingredients are: Cassia italic leaf powder, Rheum palmatum extract, Chamomilla recutita extract, Rosmarius officinalis extract, Lawsonia inermis (henna) leaf extract.

Do you think its safe to use? I am not sure if henna leaf extract colors or not.

Also, thank you ladies, I will check out Hennacat! I am not worried about the shipping, it usually works fast from the UK, depending on the carrier of course. I am not looking to color deep reds, maybe just a tint, but me and my hair miss cassia/henna treatments

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maegalcarwen View Post
    Yes I have found a box from Henné Color - Blonde Doré, which seems to be pure cassia with some herbal extracts (no henna).
    The ingredients are: Cassia italic leaf powder, Rheum palmatum extract, Chamomilla recutita extract, Rosmarius officinalis extract, Lawsonia inermis (henna) leaf extract.

Do you think its safe to use? I am not sure if henna leaf extract colors or not.

Also, thank you ladies, I will check out Hennacat! I am not worried about the shipping, it usually works fast from the UK, depending on the carrier of course. I am not looking to color deep reds, maybe just a tint, but me and my hair miss cassia/henna treatments
    I think if you have really light blonde hair, it's gonna show - the cassia will show a yellow tinge.

But you were going to do a henna gloss, that is going to stain far worse than the cassia is!

Length
    50cm/52cm/130cm
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I bought from handoffatima, although I'm not sure how their prices or quality compare to anywhere else as this is the first time I've bought henna in Europe/Netherlands. The henna seems really good from what I can tell, taking my level 10 bleached platinum to a level 7 darker red in 1 go.