Page 60 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair game - Just for fun - hairstyle the person above you

The middle of My Forest, where fairies dwell.
    Length
    17in/tb/50in
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Hair game - Just for fun - hairstyle the person above you

I'm ready for another hairstyle but nothing to complicated
    ............ ....... ....................

Length
    2"/58"/Ni!
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sahiba View Post
    Sidani your bun is looking very nice and the stick is very attractive as well.The infinity bun is also looking very nice.

Thank you, sahiba! Yours turned out beautifully! I wish I had your shine! Your hair is just stunning. And I really dig those cool glowing hair sticks you've got! Awesome in your glamorous locks!

Quote Originally Posted by AprilElf View Post
    Sidani, what a shame the double rose buns didn't quite work. With your hair they would have looked brilliant! Your rose bun is lovely.

Today I attempted Mina's Braid, given to me by Shorty89.

Here are a couple of styles for those above me:
    Sidani - a Japanese bun
    Thank you, AprilElf! I'm sorry I couldn't manage the twin rose buns, too. I WILL one day. I just have to get used to working with my hair more. And thank you so much for the new challenge! I have wanted to try a Japanese Bun! Wonderful choice!

Your Mina's Braid is awesome! You really do make me think of an Elven Princess when I look at your beautiful profile and fabulous updo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Almandine View Post
    Unnamed, I finally tried the Celtic knot. Do you think I got it right? (Sorry for image quality.)

That is a beautiful bun, Almandine. I think it turned out very well. I want to learn to do that one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbell View Post
    Sidani - nice Infinity Bun! (So many styles here in this thread now!)
    Thank you, Diamondbell! One I have mastered it, I will put a shot of it in my albums. I thank you for the challenge.

Teazel,
    here's that shot of a side herringbone braid I did a couple of years ago. I have no clue how you did that behind your head! I could barely do it drawing it around to the front where I could see what I was doing. lol (clickable)

Please forgive me if I've left anyone out. I'm not very good at these multi-quotes.

Redheaded Raven, if I may? The Knotty Bun. This is one of my favorite updo's and I like to use my leather slides with it and make the dangle into a rope braid. I look forward to your take on it.

~♥~ Proud Member of the Renegray Gang ~♥~
    Lady Elishar of Light and Prophecy in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/F/i

Thank you April elf ,GlassEyesand Sidani.

How about this Redheaded Raven
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/24246...Loop%26quot%3B
    Last edited by sahiba; January 6th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Length
    17in/tb/50in
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sidani;[FONT=Century Gothic

Redheaded Raven, if I may? The Knotty Bun. This is one of my favorite updo's and I like to use my leather slides with it and make the dangle into a rope braid. I look forward to your take on it.[/font]
    I would love to raven runs to try it sidani I hope you like it sahiba yes I would love to do both
    ok here are the hairstyle sahiba I'm not sure I got it right but here you go
    Last edited by Redheaded Raven; January 7th, 2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: both hairstyle

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AprilElf View Post
    Hi Almandine! Welcome to this thread and to LHC!
    I think you got the Celtic Knot right - I can see the loops. To refine it you could maybe work on the orientation of the knot. What I mean is, if you twisted that whole bun clockwise you might find it looks even better! But great work on your first challenge! Your hair colour is very pretty.

My eyes are boggling at all the new styles that have been going on. What fun!
    Sidani, what a shame the double rose buns didn't quite work. With your hair they would have looked brilliant! Your rose bun is lovely.

Today I attempted Mina's Braid, given to me by Shorty89.
    This was going to be a practice run - saving the ribbons for later. But I don't think I'll have the patience to do it again another day. Plus, it's a pain to take those braids out, and I've combed enough hair out of my scalp already this week!
    So this is all there is. I'm sorry there are no ribbons. (I didn't really have anything suitable anyway.)
    Things to fix, if I ever (ever) do it again: the side braids were too big, and the bun braids too small, the loops of the 'bow' are too droopy, and mmmmm ... scalp cleavage.

Here are a couple of styles for those above me:
    Sidani - a Japanese bun
    Almandine - a four strand box braid (Short-cut instructions to remember: right strand under two/back over one, left strand under two/back over one. Sing out if that's too much, I don't know how comfortable you are with braiding, sorry. )
    That is gorgeous! Two things

1) I will try to wear a braided chinese bun soon
    2) I'm also ready for another challenge
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    31/56.5/term

Oh, poey, I can't decide which set of pics look better. They all look the same to me. Either something isn't quite right in both sets (hair did not want to stay where I put it...aka too slick, so the dutch braided bit kept loosening), or they look exactly the same.

From earlier today:
    Right side...

Top...so sorry, I went out in the wind to get the mail, so it got fuzzy...but stayed put!...

These are links to another try (the top wasn't as symmetrical, although overall possibly a tad better):
    Right side, Top, and Left side.

Not sure if that passed or not, as I don't think it's as nice as the one on the link, for sure. But then I'm not sure my slick-doesn't-like-to-stay-in-a-braid hair will ever look that way in a braid--braids are pretty much always a bit loose with my hair. lol

If I've passed, I'm open for another challenge.

? F i/ii

Length
    31/56.5/term

Shorty89 -- Not sure what's been done/not, but how about a flipped bun? (link is a video)

? F i/ii

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Unnamed, you've passed all right! That's a great crown braid, well done! And thank you to you and sahiba for your kind comments on my herringbone braid.

Quote Originally Posted by Isa-belle View Post
    Teazel, I never saw this, sorry! I'll definitely give it a go - as soon as I have unpacked my boxes of sewing notions.
    No worries, Isa-belle.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbell View Post
    Teazel - only later I noticed your loose herringbone braid! Beautiful! Wasn't difficult,was it? (I learnt the Herringbone myself and can do it with confidence only after yesterday's attempt)
    Thank you, Diamondbell! Ah, your first attempt was much better than mine. It's not a difficult style, though, you're right. I just need more practice!

Quote Originally Posted by neon-dream View Post
    Teazel, I haven't forgotten my challenge, I'm just trying to get used to actually doing something different with my hair! The thickness makes this quite hard, but I will produce a nautilus bun soon!!
    In your own time, neon-dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidani View Post
    Teazel, here's that shot of a side herringbone braid I did a couple of years ago. I have no clue how you did that behind your head! I could barely do it drawing it around to the front where I could see what I was doing.
    That's a very nice braid you had there! Actually, one of my sisters gave me a book of long hair styles many years ago, and it has great directions for the french herringbone. Also, a YouTube video helped!

AprilElf, I don't think anyone's given you a style yet? If you like, how about Joyfulmom4's braided ribbon bun?
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

Length
    17in/tb/50in
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Unnamed you passed, it looks gorgeous How about this hairstyle
    http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/ga...ct/long-clamp/

Unnamed & Shorty89 those braids are wonderful.
    Teazel you appear to be without a new style to do, so how about this one? http://dressytresses.com/hair/galler...uct/hair-knot/
    That herringbone looks very good, especially for a first attempt too Teazel.
    I'm open for a new style too please.