Page 58 of 219 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair game - Just for fun - hairstyle the person above you

Length
    31/56.5/term

Default Re: Hair game - Just for fun - hairstyle the person above you

Almandine -- How about a Celtic Knot?

Sidani -- In sahiba's post to me there was a video linked for it (which was good, as I didn't know exactly what a Nautilus bun was).

And, in case someone comes by tonight/tomorrow, I'm available (again, if I did that one right!).

? F i/ii

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sidani View Post
    Okay, sweet Teazel, after perusing your albums for awhile, I choose for you a loose Herringbone or Fishtail braid. If you've done it before, let me know and you can just do the next one I'm listing.

I started to choose this one for you I might actually DO this one the next time I oil.
    You know, I had a feeling you'd give me a herringbone of some kind! Well done; I haven't tried that before. Hope I'm up to the task! If you do that oh-so-'60s cone I do want to see a photo!

Unnamed, I think your champion braiding skills would cope with a crown braid. Is that okay? I'll come up with something else if it's too hard.
    Last edited by Teazel; January 5th, 2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: to add link
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

Length
    31/56.5/term

Teazel -- Yep, a crown braid is okay! Done them before (a few times), but, er, not for a while (2-3 years), so I guess it's off to practice a bit.

? F i/ii

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Look what you made me do, Sidani:

My very first herringbone braid - and a french one, to boot! You may all now have a good laugh. It looks uncannily like my plait when I first get out of bed in the morning.

Well now that the first one is out of the way, I'll keep practicing it. If I ever produce a herringbone worth showing off, it shall appear in my album. Thank you for the challenge!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I did my challenge of a braided chinese bun but I took it out before my shower a few minutes ago without taking a picture Do I have to redo it?? :P
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    2"/58"/Ni!
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    Sidani -- In sahiba's post to me there was a video linked for it (which was good, as I didn't know exactly what a Nautilus bun was).
    Thank you, Unnamed! I will be sure to check that out. I think it turned out lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Teazel View Post
    You know, I had a feeling you'd give me a herringbone of some kind! Well done; I haven't tried that before. Hope I'm up to the task! If you do that oh-so-'60s cone I do want to see a photo!
    Yay! I found something new for you! Didn't think I could do that after looking at your photo Library! And I promise that if I do that hot '60's cone head 'do, I will take pics! My cone will be huge!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Teazel View Post
    Look what you made me do, Sidani:

My very first herringbone braid - and a french one, to boot! You may all now have a good laugh. It looks uncannily like my plait when I first get out of bed in the morning.

Well now that the first one is out of the way, I'll keep practicing it. If I ever produce a herringbone worth showing off, it shall appear in my album. Thank you for the challenge!
    I think it came out lovely, Teazel! Thank you for taking it on! I've only tried that one once and it was an over the shoulder version. I'll have to look for that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I did my challenge of a braided chinese bun but I took it out before my shower a few minutes ago without taking a picture Do I have to redo it?? :P
    Oh no, Shorty! That's terrible. All that hard work.

~♥~ Proud Member of the Renegray Gang ~♥~
    Lady Elishar of Light and Prophecy in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I have done braided chinese buns in the past, but not since I first joined LHC. I forgot how much I like them. I'm looking to see if I have any pictures of one.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    00/50/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Unnamed, I finally tried the Celtic knot. Do you think I got it right? (Sorry for image quality.)

Deliver me from being perfect and complete.

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Hi Almandine! Welcome to this thread and to LHC!
    I think you got the Celtic Knot right - I can see the loops. To refine it you could maybe work on the orientation of the knot. What I mean is, if you twisted that whole bun clockwise you might find it looks even better! But great work on your first challenge! Your hair colour is very pretty.

My eyes are boggling at all the new styles that have been going on. What fun!
    Sidani, what a shame the double rose buns didn't quite work. With your hair they would have looked brilliant! Your rose bun is lovely.

Today I attempted Mina's Braid, given to me by Shorty89.
    This was going to be a practice run - saving the ribbons for later. But I don't think I'll have the patience to do it again another day. Plus, it's a pain to take those braids out, and I've combed enough hair out of my scalp already this week!
    So this is all there is. I'm sorry there are no ribbons. (I didn't really have anything suitable anyway.)
    Things to fix, if I ever (ever) do it again: the side braids were too big, and the bun braids too small, the loops of the 'bow' are too droopy, and mmmmm ... scalp cleavage.

Here are a couple of styles for those above me:
    Sidani - a Japanese bun
    Almandine - a four strand box braid (Short-cut instructions to remember: right strand under two/back over one, left strand under two/back over one. Sing out if that's too much, I don't know how comfortable you are with braiding, sorry. )

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

AprilElf!

And that was a practise run??