Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this alright for a boy?

Smile Is this alright for a boy?

Im 17 at the moment and trying to grow out my hair. My hair is not too long, its only 10cm (4in). I wear my sister's hairbands to keep my front of the hair out of my eyes. I love wearing hairbands i dont know why, i just love the feeling i get when i find myself wearing something my sisters use for their hair. I sometimes put my hair up in pigtail(s) when no one is home or i even use my sister's hair clips just for fun to see how would i look with it. I feel like growing out my hair and doing what other girls do with their hair, like style their hair up in a bun, ballerina bun, high ponytails and what not. I am not gay or anything, I am straight. Is this okay for a boy to do this stuff?

Length
    BSL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Is this alright for a boy?

I think nothing is wrong with that! You do you. If you have a passion for hair, it shouldn't be weird just because you are a boy.

thank you!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Not weird at all. You do what makes you happy, don't worry about what other people think. I'll toss this out there too, sexual orientation has nothing to do with hair style or the things you want to do with your hair.
    You should check the other post you made, I linked to some pictures of one of out male members who has incredible hair and wears buns. He is very manly IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankjo View Post
    I think nothing is wrong with that! You do you. If you have a passion for hair, it shouldn't be weird just because you are a boy.
    Absolutely this, you do you.

Length
    14"/20.5"/39"
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

GO FOR IT! My husband is straight, too, & he has SL 2c waves & curls. He wears it in a man bun, a French braid, a hair band...all kinds of styles. YOU are the arbiter of your look. Anyone who would judge you for something that banal, is someone you do NOT need in your life. Your hair might serve to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Not weird at all. You do what makes you happy, don't worry about what other people think. I'll toss this out there too, sexual orientation has nothing to do with hair style or the things you want to do with your hair.
    You should check the other post you made, I linked to some pictures of one of out male members who has incredible hair and wears buns. He is very manly IMO.

Yes i did check it out! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ondine11 View Post
    GO FOR IT! My husband is straight, too, & he has SL 2c waves & curls. He wears it in a man bun, a French braid, a hair band...all kinds of styles. YOU are the arbiter of your look. Anyone who would judge you for something that banal, is someone you do NOT need in your life. Your hair might serve to separate the wheat from the chaff.
    Thank you for supporting me and your husband! and what is SL 2c? By the way what other hairstyles does he do?
    Last edited by Gumball; July 26th, 2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Combined posts into multi-quote. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43281 for details.

Length
    3/20 in/50
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Whats up man. I am an 18 year old guy (straight as well, not that it matters) and I am actually just starting my hair journey as well. My hair is currently 4.5 inches. I've wanted long hair all my life and I went to a catholic high school so i unfortunately was not allowed to have my hair very long and also my parents prefer me with shorter hair. Now that I am headed off to college, I am allowed to control how long it is and I don't know how long I plan on growing it. I have thoughts about how cool it would be to have it to like mid back and waist length but ill see when i get to shoulder first. I also enjoy when people play with my hair lol, I have 3 sisters and they forced me to learn how to braid and stuff like that so I did and now that my hair is longer, they braid it in like 2 french braids and one time they did cornrows hahah (that looked really stupid on a white guy). But anyway I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone and message me if u wanna talk.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by guywithlonghair View Post
    Whats up man. I am an 18 year old guy (straight as well, not that it matters) and I am actually just starting my hair journey as well. My hair is currently 4.5 inches. I've wanted long hair all my life and I went to a catholic high school so i unfortunately was not allowed to have my hair very long and also my parents prefer me with shorter hair. Now that I am headed off to college, I am allowed to control how long it is and I don't know how long I plan on growing it. I have thoughts about how cool it would be to have it to like mid back and waist length but ill see when i get to shoulder first. I also enjoy when people play with my hair lol, I have 3 sisters and they forced me to learn how to braid and stuff like that so I did and now that my hair is longer, they braid it in like 2 french braids and one time they did cornrows hahah (that looked really stupid on a white guy). But anyway I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone and message me if u wanna talk.
    also how long do you think you want to grow your hair and what type of hair do you have?
    Last edited by Gumball; July 26th, 2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Combined posts into ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by reilly0167 View Post
    Absolutely this, you do you.
    Thank you! what other hairstyles should i do after my hair grows longer?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by brooks View Post
    Thank you for supporting me and your husband! and what is SL 2c? By the way what other hairstyles does he do?
    This might help,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=54874

along with this:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=126309
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)