Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arwen Battle Braid + Pictures

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Arwen Battle Braid + Pictures

I did Arwen’s Battle Braid! I have been planning on doing this for years but always put it off for various reasons, including but not limited to, it is too complicated, it will take too long, I can’t French braid very well, my hair is too short (I’ve been planning it for many years), French braids hurt my head if I wear them too long, etc. I started at around 10:30 and did not finish until around 1:03. I took a 10 minute break in the middle to give my arms a rest and I had a few braiding breaks for pictures.
    I followed Haartraum’s YouTube tutorial, Haartraum Arwen Braid Variation inkl. Bänder but I left out the ribbons partially because I think the braid is really cool looking on its own and partially because I couldn’t find any of my hair ribbons that would have been long enough. My French braids are kind of loose and I had difficulty in separating the strands for them properly. I also had difficulty in trying to keep my braids even in size. While I was doing all the little braids the braids I had done previously started getting in my way so I put them up in a weird lazy wrap bun using a hair stick and I wrapped the rest of the braids up around it as I finished them.

My braids in a bun:

All my hair braided:

An up close of the Braid:

Some pictures taken outdoors:

Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Arwen Battle Braid + Pictures

It's stunning! Great work!!! I actually like it that some braids are thinner and some a bit thicker, it makes the final braid lively looking!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thank you, Arctic. It was somewhat frustrating trying to get them even because I can't really tell until I've braided a bit what size the braids will be, and there was no way I was going to redo any of the braids with the amount of braiding I had to do. It also made getting the tension of the 9 strand right difficult.

Length
    APL/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

~ Not all those who wander are lost ~

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Length
    pixie/Chin-/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i

Oh my gosh! That's a really good example of Arwen's braid!
    Lord Skáld, War Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "I did not hit her It's not true It's bs I did not hit her I did naht Oh hai Mark"Tommy Wiseau

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Really stunning results! You did a great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by HaMalka View Post
    I did Arwen’s Battle Braid! I have been planning on doing this for years but always put it off for various reasons, including but not limited to, it is too complicated, it will take too long, I can’t French braid very well, my hair is too short (I’ve been planning it for many years), French braids hurt my head if I wear them too long, etc. I started at around 10:30 and did not finish until around 1:03. I took a 10 minute break in the middle to give my arms a rest and I had a few braiding breaks for pictures.
    I followed Haartraum’s YouTube tutorial, Haartraum Arwen Braid Variation inkl. Bänder but I left out the ribbons partially because I think the braid is really cool looking on its own and partially because I couldn’t find any of my hair ribbons that would have been long enough. My French braids are kind of loose and I had difficulty in separating the strands for them properly. I also had difficulty in trying to keep my braids even in size. While I was doing all the little braids the braids I had done previously started getting in my way so I put them up in a weird lazy wrap bun using a hair stick and I wrapped the rest of the braids up around it as I finished them.

My braids in a bun:

All my hair braided:

An up close of the Braid:

Some pictures taken outdoors:

Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thank you, hobbitlocks, olivetime, papayatree, ephemeri, and reilly0167.

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

That is utterly breathtaking, congrats!