Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hairtoy makers who come and go

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Hairtoy makers who come and go

Unfortunately this happens pretty much anytime handmade quality is involved. My dad designs and hand builds high end speakers for audiophiles, and is getting so discouraged. He has had a few rich customers that love his speakers and paid well for them, but most people won't buy unless he drops the price so low that it only barely covers the cost of the materials. I have his speakers in my theater room and they are amazing, goosebumps level amazing!

This is the same reason that I kept all of my hair toys when I couldn't use them, in case (hoping) I need them again; many are not replaceable because the maker no longer exists!

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hairtoy makers who come and go

Craft selling is definitely an expensive hobby. I quit etsy long long ago for the reason that I suggested earlier. 7k in fees is HORRENDOUS. I hate etsy. I used Storenvy for a time when that was free then they saw profit to be made and changed the website. I wish crafters could just make profit off their craft already without some large corporations trying to turn them into cash cows.