Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Healthy hair is low porosity?

Length
    CL/WL/Term
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Healthy hair is low porosity?

I know for a fact that my hair is very healthy with low porosity. Because, I don't get any split ends or damage hairs at all. Even though I chemically treat it. I also keep it up with oil treatments and deep conditioning, and protein treatments.

Length
    SL+/26/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I suspect mine is on the lower side of normal. oil and products don't make much difference, very few splits ect. The drying is strange, the clumps of waves take longer and if it's up in any way will still be damp 24 hours later, but if it's down to dry it's done in a couple of hours. Water doesn't seam to penitrate very easily, but the ends don't get excessively dry either. If a run my fingers up the hair shaft the only difference from down is a slight squeaky noise. It makes hair care cheaper though - most products make very little difference so there no point it buying them!

Length
    chin/BSL/39/46
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hayheadsbird View Post
    I suspect mine is on the lower side of normal. oil and products don't make much difference, very few splits ect. The drying is strange, the clumps of waves take longer and if it's up in any way will still be damp 24 hours later, but if it's down to dry it's done in a couple of hours. Water doesn't seam to penitrate very easily, but the ends don't get excessively dry either. If a run my fingers up the hair shaft the only difference from down is a slight squeaky noise. It makes hair care cheaper though - most products make very little difference so there no point it buying them!
    Sounds a lot like my hair!
    Maybe if I eat enough apples I'll have ankle length hair one day Hoping for waist soon!

Might we agree that relative to its natural predisposition, hair becomes less porous as it becomes healthier?

Type
    3a/M/iii

In the Curly-Girl-method community it's often reported that after a while the hair doesn't quite need the same amount of products as before to stay moisturized.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by proo View Post
    Might we agree that relative to its natural predisposition, hair becomes less porous as it becomes healthier?
    I'd be more comfortable reversing it. Damaging hair makes it more porous.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, #5 comb, in fun colors!