Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sos...question

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: sos...question

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Oil on my scalp always causes extra shed which is why I don't do it anymore. I only add oil to the last few inches of my hair.
    Same for me! Oil on the scalp greases the hair right out of the follicle. I can't even use conditioner on my scalp. I'm not saying this is true for everyone but it's possible you're like MoonRabbit and I.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    Less manipulation means that when you do detangle or wash, you're going to get more hairs seemingly coming out of your hair. People shed between 50 to 100 strands a day. I wash on average anywhere from every 4 days to weekly. I don't detangle frequently either. As a result, when I do get around to fussing with my hair, 500 shed hairs may come out because 5 days worth of shedding was chilling in my hair. That's normal for someone like me, if unsettling at first.

But that's also only applicable if you don't touch your hair much.
    Yup this is me too. It freaked me out the first time I stretched my wash dramatically and barely touched my hair for a week. It really did feel like all of my hair was falling out lol, but then I did the math and it being almost a week's worth of sheds made complete sense.

Length
    13/17.3/35
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I see. So maybe it's not good enevtually to do very often oily masks

Length
    13/17.3/35
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Pffff... I wish we didn't had to lose any hair ... Do you know if we can prevent loosing even those 50-100 daily?

Length
    13/17.3/35
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet_Heart View Post
    Same for me! Oil on the scalp greases the hair right out of the follicle. I can't even use conditioner on my scalp. I'm not saying this is true for everyone but it's possible you're like MoonRabbit and I.
    Hmm I also loose many hair when I shower...
    Specially after the conditioner. I would like to experiment for a while with no conditioner but then I think that because I have thin hair my ends will brake more...

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi_tz View Post
    Pffff... I wish we didn't had to lose any hair ... Do you know if we can prevent loosing even those 50-100 daily?
    Not possible
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Specially after the conditioner. I would like to experiment for a while with no conditioner but then I think that because I have thin hair my ends will brake more...
    You can use conditioner, just don't put any on your scalp... keep the conditioner on your ends only. Absolutely nothing can go on my scalp except for shampoo/water/ACV when I wash my hair. No oils, no conditioner, nothing... some people's scalp just can't handle it. I lose a lot of hair when I use oil or conditioner on my scalp. I notice this happens a lot especially to 1a/F type hair.

Also, shedding is a natural biological process in humans and animals alike. You can't stop it from happening.

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I would try to experiment with length only conditioning. I kind of use conditioner on my scalp. I will put conditioner on my hair from the ears down then finger comb it though, once I get all the knots out I will gently move up to my scalp but not actually touch my head, just the hairs with as little amount of conditioner as possible. My scalp hates oils but needs a tad conditioner or else it will start to dry out and itch. Don't forget that it will take time to find a good routine.

Also, now being aware of how much your hair sheds during a wash might make it seem like you are shedding more, but it is the same amount as it did the rest of the time you were not so obsessed with hair care. This happened to me, but as long as your total circumference is the same you should not worry.
    ​You Zarkin Frood