Thread: Aunt Jackie's products!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Aunt Jackie's products!

I didn't find a thread on this line yet, so thought I'd start one.

I am trying the "curl la la defining curl custard" tomorrow after my wash. I tested it in the palm of my hand whether it would work well together with gel (a neat little trick). It didn't react so it got nice and cohesive, but I'm not taking any chances and just using it on its own tomorrow.

Will let you know what the hold is like and whether I like it, or not.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Default Re: Aunt Jackie's products!

I've been wanting to try the flaxseed one for a long time. I've seen such great reviews all over youtube, I'm so tempted to go out and buy some.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    I've been wanting to try the flaxseed one for a long time. I've seen such great reviews all over youtube, I'm so tempted to go out and buy some.
    The downside for me, and the reason I didn't get that one, is that it is supposed to elongate the waves/curls. That's all fine for curls, but not when you barely have a set wave-pattern. So I passed on that one.

But I would try it, it is said to be a good product - seen many a review as well. Go for it. And let us know what you think.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Tried it. The cream does not have much hold, it is more moisturizing than that it gives real hold. The Every Strand gives much more hold than this. Which is why afterwards I did dare put a little gel on top (less than usual), and it worked. The Every Strand does not work with gel - at all, not even a *tiny* amount!

Still, something tells me I should *not* be using too much gel after this one either.

My hair is airdrying now.

Length
    SDL/BSL+/HL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My OH uses the Quench Moisture Intensive Leave In and he loves it. I find I need something a bit more thick so I used the Curl Mane Tenance for a while and I liked it on wet hair but it attracted so much fluff when I used it on dry hair! I would touch my hair and my hand would be covered in black build-up/fluff
    I use another leave in now by another brand that is more convenient because it's in a spray bottle rather than a tub, but is still as nourishing and thick as the Curl Mane Tenance.
    Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL
    Waist+ by Christmas 2017
    Avatar by Startrekadmiral on DeviantArt

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Tried it. The cream does not have much hold, it is more moisturizing than that it gives real hold. The Every Strand gives much more hold than this. Which is why afterwards I did dare put a little gel on top (less than usual), and it worked. The Every Strand does not work with gel - at all, not even a *tiny* amount!

Still, something tells me I should *not* be using too much gel after this one either.

My hair is airdrying now.
    And I was right. I used a little more than a coinsize of the curl la la (more than normal), then a little more gel (more than normal), and by the time I got to my serum, the tips of my hair started to flake a little. Not enough to have to rewash my hair, but I could definitely see a reaction there.

So... both the curl la la & Every Strand are no gel curl creams for me.

Be careful with this one as well!