Thread: Tips for growing hair really long! / does the inversion method work

Length
    12/20/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Tips for growing hair really long! / does the inversion method work

I really want to grow my hair out long, I've changed my hair routine - I'll make sure to update my about thingy tomorrow or something (I think it's my bio? Idk but I did mention my hair care routine there) - and I'm SLOWLY cutting out the straightners, I just need to get used to waves whether I like it or not

i used to to have hair to my bum, that was when my hair 'belonged' to mum - it was beautiful but then obviously I damaged it beyond belief - I'd like to write about that when I'm allowed to start a blog on here.

anyways, how long did it take for you guys to go from just around bsl to around maybe bellow the rib cage? And what did you do to stimulate / promote growth?? And another thing is, does the inversion method work??? Mum said it is lies and I GUESS it does sort of seem too good to be true?
    So yes, I'll probably be back online in morning - so hopefully I'll get some good advice! 😊

Length
    waist/TB/long

Default Re: Tips for growing hair really long! / does the inversion method work

The entire LHC site is utterly full of advice on growing long, healthy hair. Do some reading and searching and you will find more advice than you can possibly absorb. Good luck!

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Hey Leighash, welcome to the forum!

I did a quick search for you and found a few pretty informative threads about the inversion method!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=121008
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=131197

Results seem to really vary from person to person but I'd say it can't hurt to try.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Whether or not it works, it certainly won't do you any harm and it helps circulation to the hair follicles, and that has to be a good thing
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Hi Leighash!
    My opinion is that much of our hair growth rate is determined by genetics and it won't change too much, no matter what we do. The things we can control are the next important factor in terms of retaining hair growth. So coloring/bleaching, heat and harsh handling can cause damage and breakage. I'd say if you have a severe vitamin deficiency or health/hormone problems then that might be a cause for slowed growth but once those are fixed I think you just go back to your normal growth rate. There's nothing wrong with trying the inversion method though...it's my opinion that giving up the straightening will be more beneficial to your growth retention. I'm glad you're trying to give it up! It made a big difference in growing my hair and retaining as much length as possible. Obviously your mother knew a thing or 2 about growing your hair so perhaps she has some good suggestions as well.

Length
    13/36/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Inversion doesn't work. There are certain things that upregulate hair production. They usually don't have dramatic results unless you were losing your hair. An easy thing that has good studies behind it is to wash your hair 3x a week with ketoconazole shampoo. Though it was intended for fungal infections, it has the side effect of increasing hair growth.
    My growing thread on thin hair - Cut: Sept/Oct '16 - ~25" - 30" MBL - 32" WL - 34" Hips - 37” TBL | Thickness @pony: 2.5" 2/17 - 3” 4/18” - 4.13” 3/18 Thickness @BSL: <.75" 3/17 - 7/8” 4/18 - 1.5” 3/18