Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys just not trim???

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: How do you guys just not trim???

Laziness, forgetfulness and boredom. I have other things I would prefer to be doing rather than dealing with hair and hemlines and trimming. I put it up and I don't have to deal with it for days at a time which makes forgetting it so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nique1202 View Post
    It also depends on your individual tolerance for thin ends. Some of us have a lower tolerance than others for hemline appearance. So even all the other tips in the thread won't necessarily help if you're still uncomfortable with the hemline, the only solution sometimes, for some of us, is to trim and get it over with.
    ^also this, a high tolerance for messy or haphazard ends and less than perfect styles makes laziness much easier. This is kinda the deciding factor, I think. If you can't tolerate the hemline without trimming, then nothing will stop a small trim.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I'm not trimming because I'm in the no-trimming challenge, but my uneven hemline bothers me a little bit. Some strands are much longer than others just because they grew more and others grew slower.
    I try not to look at it! My hair is in a bun most of the time. Also, my bathroom mirror is small anyway, I have to really turn my head to be able to see my hemline lol.

Length
    2/22?/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I have not trimmed for the first time ever. – not even a Seek and Destroy – as Ive never done it and I dont own nice scissors I’d be scared to chop off a split end only to cause more damage further up the hair with crap scissors.
    So far its been 8 months.
    I had all the damage cut / buzzed out and have been growing virgin hair – I am amazed at the condition compared to my dyed hair, and the lack of splits etc. I do little panick searches every now and again, butI’m still not really finding any splits. As my hair has got longer a few random ends have gotten a bit bent, or some have a thin tapered look – but I think these are ‘new hairs’ not splits that have split!
    I do worry sometimes that I’m going to end up with bad hair if its not trimmed, and for a while the unevenness of growing out an asymmetric pixie and an undercut was driving me mad.
    However, now that my hair has finally gotten past my chin & is generally curly wavy, the uneven lengths are not that noticeable.
    Plus one day when they were really driving me mad I made an appointment a the hairdressers for August. Now if the uneven length worries me I can think, well it’ll be trimmed in a few months time. If I worry that the trim will be too short I think well I like the length now in 5 months time my hair will be 2 ins longer so after a cut it’ll just be like it is now but more even. And if it comes to about May and I change my mind I could always put the appointment forward another few months.
    Hair tomorrow, hair yesterday, but never hair today!

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Previously, I have had to convince myself to trim my hair because I don't like to loose length. I have been very tempted though, (especially the last few months) to trim off about the last 2" of my length, in order to have a straight hemline (one length), and to get rid of a lot of white dots and dry ends resulting from washing my hair in hard water. I care too much about length (at least right now) to trim this much off at once though. I, so far at least, have planned to trim 1/2" every three months, so by the new year my hair will hopefully be one length, and with at least have a little less damage then it does now. Setting hair length goals and planning trims for specific times of the year seem to help me begin to achieve the hemline and length I want I'm hoping by participating in the challenge to keep my hair up, that my ends will not get damaged as much and I will be able to ignore the unevenness of my hemline until I'm at least able to wash my hair in soft water again.
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    Chin/MBL/Wl
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

There was a period of time (Years ago) where I didn't get any kind of cut or trim to my hair for maybe 1 or 2 years and my hair got so damaged. I think it was that I didn't know how to take care of it at that point but I still have damage from that time. Anyways why I didnt get a trim is because I was scared to. At the time I didn't know how to micro trim my own hair, so I had it done by "Professionals" who would always convince me my hair was disgusting and needed 2 inches "Trimmed" off. I also thought if I got it trimmed it wouldn't grow. I was going through a phase where I had hair freedom. My parents had finally let me grow out my hair without forcing me to cut it into the bob I always had so I went kinda over board in not getting it trimmed. It didn't even grow past bsl.

Now I know you must trim. I know some people don't and I guess that works for them but like I feel like I will always have some sort of damage just because Of little things.
    Chin~Cbl~Apl~BSL~Mbl~Wl~Hip~Bcl...
    Hit Full BSL/High MBL. Entering the MBL abyss.
    Last mini-trim: 3/16/17

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Honestly, my ends thin out, but they don't usually start feeling bad, so I let them go until I'm sick of thin wispy ends.

Well, at least that's how it used to be. Now it's short, and I can tell after a few weeks that my hair is growing unevenly because the left side of my head looks bigger than the right.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I wear it up and get too busy to deal with it. Up and out of the way and off I go. I didn't trim for several years. My hair naturally tapers and it's useful for many bun styles to have some taper. Now maintaining, so trimming for that... when I remember, which is usually every few months, if that. My hair is also coarse, so doesn't feel soft even when it's nicely moisturized, and doesn't get splits easily.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/C/iii

I haven't trimmed in over a decade. One gets used to fairytale ends. I think I would find my old blunt-cut rather unnatural.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I might be the weird one in this, but I kind of like my ''ratty'' ends (or fairytale ends to put it nicely?) When my hair was almost at tailbone, my ends were naturally tapered and lightened by the sun, and I liked the look of them. So I don't trim that much. I rarely get split ends and if I do, I S&D or just let them happen, they tend to break on their own without causing further damage. My hair is really coarse and thick.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I wish I'd knew how not to trim. I'm one of those who is hyper focused on my hemline - freshly trimmer hemline that is. I just cannot be without trimming. I think it's partially because I have trichotillomania, which leaks into general obsessing about hair, and in my case trimming is the form that this takes.

If I wouldn't be trimming all the time (and wouldn't have cut a pixie in between) I could be at knee like members who joined at the same time with me with similar hair length - although I never wanter hair that long, but I could be there, if my genes would allow It's fun to think about even if it never was my goal.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.