Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washing hair

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Washing hair

I wash 2-3 times a week. I usually shampoo ALL of my hair and I always condition all of my hair. Once in a while I will scalp wash if I am washing on 2 consecutive days. I find that conditioner is far more important than how I wash and how much shampoo I use.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    buzz/MBL/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I wash once a week, two sudsings. First concentrate on scalp and down to about chin length to wash out the sebum that's collected over the week. Second for a good scalp massage (as I get more lather) and the lather gently squished throughout the length. All followed up by cream rinse diluted in cool water and poured through the hair, and then gently rinsed out. With the right products this doesn't dry my hair out at all.
    Student of the arts of simplicity and benign neglect
    BBB, Madora comb, GM Cream Shampoo/Rinse/Biosilk every 5-7 days, buns and braids
    buzzcut/MBL/where it stops or where it feels comfortable

Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

I wash my hair every other day and I apply shampoo from root to tip.
    Currently at BSL. Will start micro-trimming to thicken hemline. Or maybe just grow to waist

Length
    waist/TB/long

I wash my hair once a week using Indian herbs diluted in a big bottle of very warm water. I pour the whole bottle over my head, gently massage the mixture onto my scalp and the hair right on my head, then rinse it all off very thoroughly. The length gets clean, I guess from the mixture running over it. I end with a final rinse of citric acid powder diluted in another big bottle of very cold water, which I do not rinse out. That's all I do - no conditioners, oils, serums, or any other products. This leave my hair clean, shiny and soft.

Back when I used shampoo I seemed to need conditioner in order to detangle, but it weighed my hair down, and I had to wash more often. I don't need it now. I guess the Indian herbs clean more gently, not stripping the hair the way shampoo did.

Length
    BSL/128cm/160cm
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Sulfate free shampoo, 2-3x a week. Diluted 3:1 water to shampoo, on average.

One application. Root focus, ends "get it" in rinse. I do allow thick suds to shoulder. I call this a scalp wash, but it's sloppy.
    Once a month, or less, I'll apply enough shampoo to intentionally wash the length.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Once a week here (actualy atm 5-6 days as since I got of bc pills my scalp tends to get oilier fast - I could have gone easily 10 or more days before). I put oil and/or conditioner on last part of legth, then shampoo scalp with diluted shampoo. Lengths catches what gets whashed down. Wash only one time if it is "regular" shampoo, twice if it is rye flour. Then condition ears down.

Length
    12"/MTL/55"
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I wash twice a week with diluted shampoo on roots only and allow the suds to run down the length. Once a month or thereabouts I use a clarifying shampoo and wash all the hair with it undiluted.

I always, always condition with a moisturising conditioner from the ears down, I don't put conditioner on my scalp.

JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Current length 50"so let's see if we can reach knee.... at 55"

Length
    chin/waist/Hip

I wash all of it every couple of days.

Thank you everyone for your replies! It's nice to know I can ask questions about stuff I'm not sure about!