Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hair washing schedules: Are they recommended or.....

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair washing schedules: Are they recommended or.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    I wash when it needs it or is convenient for me.
    ^ Same here.

I also have a tendency to rotate and try new products, and since some shampoos are more cleansing than others, I can sometimes go longer between washes than I planned to. Sometimes I'll only have time for a Scalp-Only wash, so I do that instead of a full wash. It just really depends on how my scalp/hair looks/feels and how much time I have at that moment...

Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I go by how it looks and feels. Once it's just starting to lose it's slip and look dull, it's time.

I use to be on a schedule but I'm not doing the exact same thing everyday to my hair, doing the same activities every day, or exposed to the same exact things in between washes. So timing varies because sometimes my hair needs cleaning sooner.

Length
    pixie/short/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've tried stretching washes and my scalp is just too oily for it. Even with my current pixie, it's too gross after a day without washing. When my hair was hip-length I still washed daily, but only my scalp, while my length was bunned. The length got wet and conditioned once or twice a week... I guess that was my way of stretching washes...?
    Last edited by Messyhair; February 27th, 2017 at 06:23 PM.

Length
    buzz/MBL/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I wash when hair starts looking oily or the length snags when I comb it (for me that's a sign of oil build-up in the length and that dust starts accumulating and making the hairs stick together). That's anywhere between 5 and 8 days depending on what I've done, how much exposure to environmental effects the hair has had and how much it's been out in the open. I don't believe a schedule is necessary, as in always washing every 3 days, it's better to learn your own hair's signs of when it needs washing and when it's better left alone.

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I stick to a wash schedule so I know I won't do too much damage while it dries. I can't leave it loose at work and it won't dry in a bun or braid so I clear my schedule once a week and deal with it. If I can't wash that week, I stretch with a detangling and oiling. It will look fairly poor by the next available wash day but better than nothing.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Because I for the last 15 years I obsessively washed my hair every single day, a washing schedule is necessary for me to prevent me from over-washing as I'm attempting to repair the years of damage (from over washing and bleaching). I wash with shampoo and conditioner every Saturday morning. If my hair gets too unmanageable mid-week (my baby hairs tend to get unruly without regular washing), I'll do a CO wash if I need to.