Thread: Hair Chop!!!!! Severe Damage and Hair Science

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair Chop!!!!! Severe Damage and Hair Science

I have also been having a lot of issues with my hair since I started using a dry sauna. Sorry that you felt the need to cut back so far, but glad that you are happy with your cute new cut! I think it is just the dry heat. I don't think your hair was over-moisturized.

Since my sauna is at the gym, I think it would be really more hassle than it's worth to protect my hair properly... so I'm just going to find another way to relax after working out.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    shldr/mbl/waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair Chop!!!!! Severe Damage and Hair Science

Quote Originally Posted by -Fern View Post
    I have also been having a lot of issues with my hair since I started using a dry sauna. Sorry that you felt the need to cut back so far, but glad that you are happy with your cute new cut! I think it is just the dry heat. I don't think your hair was over-moisturized.

Since my sauna is at the gym, I think it would be really more hassle than it's worth to protect my hair properly... so I'm just going to find another way to relax after working out.
    Very true! Saunas always seemed so healthy! They need to put a disclaimer on those things, haha I still do love saunas, though.... They are soo relaxing! Just be careful with them

Sorry you're having trouble too I hope yours will be more salvageable than mine was! The more I think about it, the fact that my hair is so fine probably played a factor in how damaged it got. One thing I don't understand, though, is that I use heat on my bangs every day, and they never feel damaged like this! You'd think daily use of a super hot curling iron would be more damaging than a sauna. But who knows! Maybe it's because I cut them frequently.