Thread: Undecided Henna Head

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Undecided Henna Head

I'm itching for something new. I want something fun! I've got probably 1.5 inches of dark blonde roots at the moment and I actually think they blend into the henna pretty well. So here's what I've been thinking. I can leave my hair as is except for the ends. I can dye the last 4 or 5 inches a darker shade of red and have more of an ombre look. I've also thought about glossing my roots and applying a darker shade of henna to the under half of my hair so it's a brighter red but isn't super obvious. I'm on the fence about which way to go. Maybe both would look terrible? Has anyone tried anything like this? Thoughts? I need some input and suggestions please!!
    Starting my journey January 2017 SL- CBL- APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL?

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Default Re: Undecided Henna Head

That sounds like it would look really pretty! Have you thought about using deposit only red dyes around your roots and maybe the underside? That would be less permanent if you got tired of the new look.
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Thanks for your response! I'll have to look into deposit only dye a little when I get a chance as it's not something I've considered or used in the past. Maybe I just need to sit on this for a while since what I want seems to be all over the map. I'm just feeling anxious about my hair lately and I'm not sure why!
    Starting my journey January 2017 SL- CBL- APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL?

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I recently colored the ends and underside of my henna hair with a purple deposit dye. It was a bit too dark at first but now it looks pretty good, like a reverse ombre. I do have a little blond roots but not as much as you. I think once the purple has mostly faded, I will try a bright red. I think it will look good with the henna.