Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantene good or bad

Default Pantene good or bad

I've here's its bad for hair I used to use it and loved it any one opinions on this brand

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Pantene good or bad

I've used Pantene for years now. I *love* their shampoos! I still haven't tried their conditioners but if they're as good as their shampoos are, wooh boy!

It's highly individual. You can only try and see if you like it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    14/14/26
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I have a rule against any shampoo under $10. I used to use stuff like white rain and suave and my hair was never very pretty. I tried "upgrading" to Pantene as well, without much improvement. Tried upgrading again to Aussie and Garnier, and it didn't get much better. Then I went to Ulta and just bought a random shampoo, followed by another random shampoo(neither of which I remember anymore). Drastic difference. My hair started feeling softer, and smoother. And it was a lot shinier than before. It looked much healthier, and it even seemed to help with breakage and split ends after about a year.

I think most of the cheaper shampoos just have to use harsher ingredients in order to make an ounce of shampoo for no more than five cents. I have four different shampoos I cycle between, now(presently on Wella Enrich). I think if you have oilier hair, it can take harsher shampoos. But every cheaper shampoo I've tried, was stripping my hair of oils and making it lose a lot of its natural shine.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

If your hair likes it, I would continue to use it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Haramis View Post
    I have a rule against any shampoo under $10. I used to use stuff like white rain and suave and my hair was never very pretty. I tried "upgrading" to Pantene as well, without much improvement. Tried upgrading again to Aussie and Garnier, and it didn't get much better. Then I went to Ulta and just bought a random shampoo, followed by another random shampoo(neither of which I remember anymore). Drastic difference. My hair started feeling softer, and smoother. And it was a lot shinier than before. It looked much healthier, and it even seemed to help with breakage and split ends after about a year.

I think most of the cheaper shampoos just have to use harsher ingredients in order to make an ounce of shampoo for no more than five cents. I have four different shampoos I cycle between, now(presently on Wella Enrich). I think if you have oilier hair, it can take harsher shampoos. But every cheaper shampoo I've tried, was stripping my hair of oils and making it lose a lot of its natural shine.
    I'm sorry but your hair is a diva.

I'm glad my hair responds well to cheaper shampoos (much cheaper than Pantene, or Garnier, or Nivea we don't have around here).

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'd say it's good. My hair loves Pantene! I've been using it for years. My hair always comes out looking pretty!!! I love both their shampoos and conditioners!!!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I have used it in the past and have gone back to it since a year now...no matter what i try i always end up returning to the Pantene my scalp and hair seem happy with it

Length
    13/36/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I have used everything from Suave to tiny $30 bottles. I now use Pantene as my only conditioner. The highly soluble, lightweight silicone means slip, protection, and shine with no droop or buildup. But it's individual.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I have used many shampoos and conditioners, but for shampoos I always come back to Pantene. It's great, gives reliable results and isn't too expensive. I use it diluted in water too, so a little goes a long way. I love their moisturising conditioner too and put it in my SMTs.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have yet to try out their conditioners and think I might soon. Still, stuff to use up first.