Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keeping a hair diary

Length
    3.5/5.5/26
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Keeping a hair diary

I am interested!! I think I might find some way to have a diary , I saw some of you do it through blogging, writing in a notebook and someone mentioned a phone app... I think I'm going to start myself a diary! I know I will kick myself when Years from now I finally reach a super long length and I wish I had kept track 😝 lol OP are you going to do a daily diary or just when you do treatments and experiments?

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Hair journaling for the win: I've been recording all washes for a month noting how it felt since last wash, products used, extras (herbs, oils, honey, etc...), any pre-wash treatment, the wash itself, drying technique, and final results. I have been a weekly washer for a long time, and this hasn't changed through different wash method/product experiments. I always felt like my scalp needed something that I hadn't caught on to yet. Well, after a month of journaling I noticed that without fail, I would mention that I noticed some flakes around day four. No itching/burning/redness/hair falling out, just build up. Scritching and BBB-ing is a partial solution, but having realized that there is a definite pattern I am going to add in a mid-week wash (probably just WO) and see if that makes a difference. Writing down every tiny detail might feel silly, but for troubleshooting it is unbelievably helpful to have a record.

Anyway, I already mentioned this on another thread so apologies for redundancy, but I thought I'd share it here as a hair-diary success story

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I didn't want to obsess with how much hair I shed after a wash or daily handling, but when I went back to my notes I saw a pattern of losing more hair after scalp oiling, or trying to stretch washes too much. So scalp oiling no more!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I started my hair diary a year ago i find it useful as i now know what to avoid,as it is easy to forget what used and when so this way no more mistakes!

i have discovered what my hair and scalp likes and dislikes so i can eliminate the things it don't like..

i even keep a record of the temp of the water and have discovered anything over 37c makes me shed..so cooler from now on..hair and scalp has improved as a result of the diary

Length
    19/19/32
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

What a wonderful idea, a hair diary! I keep track of other things, but aside from my hair length, I haven't written anything down. Time to get started!

Now to decide -- spreadsheet, paper or blog...

Length
    BSL/BCL/Thigh
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

This is a great idea! I've been using an app called Hair Journal, but I might enjoy it more if I find a pretty book to log my hair progress/thoughts in, and save the Hair Journal app for photo records. Or maybe tumblr?

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I've started taking notes in a cute notebook, but I would also like to start a blog here (and to read all your blogs too - I'm sure they are very interesting!)

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I keep it in my blog.leayellena.blogspot.com/
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I use a notebook as a hair journal and have been doing that since the beginning of the year I've also made a hair growth chart to follow the growth recently

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    N/A/34/39-40
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I just recently started a hair journal after reading the newbie advice here.

I'm using a binder so that once I had more information in it I can organize it neatly. So far I have a section on what different herbs do, different recipes for hair oil, tips for henna use, products I want to try and my hair diary log that I started with my first homemade herbal oil.

I logged how I made the oil, when I put it in, when I washed it, what products I used during the wash and the dry method. My hair was still oily the next day so I logged That, my next wash, my cold rinse and how awesome my hair felt after. Then I measured and logged that.

I plan on adding a graph on hair length and thickness. I also want to add sections on ingredients in shampoo and conditioner and other products I want to try.