Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequent washers club!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Frequent washers club!

Nothing worked for me when my hair was long. Not even Nizoral shampoo, which seems to work for most Seborrheic dermatitis. When I got my long hair cut off, the hairdresser used a blow dryer just to blow any cut hair off me, not to actually dry my hair, and the smell was awful. That yeasty, s.d. smell. I was mortified. Now with a pixie cut and daily washing, my scalp is finally happy. I use a tea tree oil shampoo everyday, and a shampoo brush to scrub gently. I think with the long hair, my scalp was damp a lot, plus the weight of the hair kept any air from getting to my scalp. I wish I'd gotten it cut in my 20's instead of my 40's!
    What you find irresistable is what you choose not to resist.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

That's very interesting about hair lengths versus SD. I wonder why there is such a difference.

Today was my second day trying to actively use up certain unloved conditioners and almost used up (but well loved) shampoos. This time both were from my to be used up bottles. Just posting here to keep my self accountable. I am actually surprised how nice my hair is now, andcan't even remember why I disliked this conditioner before, lol.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    That's very interesting about hair lengths versus SD. I wonder why there is such a difference.

Today was my second day trying to actively use up certain unloved conditioners and almost used up (but well loved) shampoos. This time both were from my to be used up bottles. Just posting here to keep my self accountable. I am actually surprised how nice my hair is now, andcan't even remember why I disliked this conditioner before, lol.
    I'm glad it is so, that your hair isn't unhappy in the campaign of using up the disliked stuff. I have to admit that I don't use up products I don't like. It won't bring me the money back, and instead it will give me continuous bad hair days. Disappointments are rare now that I know which ingredients my hair likes, so if there is any bad conditioner or a DT, I just use it as a rinse out body moisturiser in the shower Or I pass it along to someone who's hair type is different than mine.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I don't think it's the length necessarily. It's making sure your hair (roots mainly) are dry. I use a diffuser after airdrying for 2-4H, and toweldrying for 30-45 min. (depends on the towel). I make sure my roots are dry by the end of the day!!! You can absolutely *not* leave your hair damp for days on end, it will make it worse!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    I'm glad it is so, that your hair isn't unhappy in the campaign of using up the disliked stuff. I have to admit that I don't use up products I don't like. It won't bring me the money back, and instead it will give me continuous bad hair days. Disappointments are rare now that I know which ingredients my hair likes, so if there is any bad conditioner or a DT, I just use it as a rinse out body moisturiser in the shower Or I pass it along to someone who's hair type is different than mine.
    I do tend to use up unwanted stuff, but it often takes a long time and all the trick in the book (all the alternative uses too)... Now I just wanted to speed things up as I've been deep cleaning and decluttering and hate seeing those bottles. I am an avid INCI reader too and know in general what ingredients to avoid, but I have not reached a INCI mastery level where I can predict for sure if my hair likes the product, so my hats off to you! My INCI reading skill usually does prevent catastrophes though, because I do have a pretty clear idea what my hair and scalp likes, so the products I'm using up now are not making my hair completely horrible. Some of them have even been ones that initially are great but on longer use cause fairy knots. Some have too strong fragrances which I didn't notice at the store, some are just - unimpressive, and I have favoured other, better conditioners over them.

Today I used up 1 shampoo bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I don't think it's the length necessarily. It's making sure your hair (roots mainly) are dry. I use a diffuser after airdrying for 2-4H, and toweldrying for 30-45 min. (depends on the towel). I make sure my roots are dry by the end of the day!!! You can absolutely *not* leave your hair damp for days on end, it will make it worse!
    That also how my thought trail went, along that pixie cuts let air circulate (even when hair is dry), where-as bun (even on dry hair) might prevent it.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Arctic, I've been doing the same these past couple of months. I have so much stuff it's not funny. Strangely enough I feel a sense of accomplishment when I throw an empty bottle away. Yeah, I definately have a problem haha

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

It seems like my hair has a very specific washing cycle. Each time I've tried to stretch washes to one week or try to wash everyday, it's always too little or too much.

Now, I'm letting my hair tell me when it wants to be washed, which seems to be 2-3 times a week. Interesting....
    On my way to BSL...

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Yes, agreed. It is NOT the length, its keeping the scalp dry. A pixie cut has an easier time of drying at the scalp, if you sweat it will evaporate a lot quicker than say, if you were BSL and you bun and then go work out and sweat. For me, all the sweat collects right at the crown or wherever the hair tie is. If you have SD and do not actively dry your scalp, you will have a flare up. But its not the length thats going to trigger it, its just easier to dry shorter hair because you don't really actually have to do anything.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by diddiedaisy View Post
    Arctic, I've been doing the same these past couple of months. I have so much stuff it's not funny. Strangely enough I feel a sense of accomplishment when I throw an empty bottle away. Yeah, I definately have a problem haha
    I get that same sense of accomplishment, ha ha, it's strange. I am not usually accumulating lot of products (am more leaning towards moderate minimalism than maximalism) but since I do like having 3-4 conditioners and same number of shampoos in rotation (shampoos include clarifying/chelating and medicated), and do get bored sometimes so occasionally want to try something new, there often is 2-4 bottles of products that are not getting used up because I prefer others over them.

Today was another exciting hair wash, I think after one, max. two times I can toss another bottle, conditioner this time!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I think that is exactly it. Once I had kids and the hair had to pretty much be up at all times, it never really dried. Pre-kids, I left it down 'til it dried. The pixie cut has saved my scalp, wish I'd done it sooner.
    What you find irresistable is what you choose not to resist.