Thread: Eggs Every Day Challenge

Length
    Pixie/NL/WL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Eggs Every Day Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    In Norway hard-boiled eggs are traditional in tomato soup, it's sooo nice
    I should try that, it sounds nice Here in Sweden the classic is spinach soup with eggs.
    Pixie * Collarbone * Armpit * Overbust * Nipple * Bra-strap * Mid-back * Waist * Navel * Hipbone * Tailbone

Length
    31/37/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    The studies I have read were not funded by the egg industry.

Also, you are quoting from an extreme vegan website that contains quite a lot of questionable science. (They are not exactly up front about their aims either). I respect people's choice to because vegetarian or vegan for animal welfare issues, but do not feel that this is a healthier course of action nutritionally speaking. In any event, the thread is for people who want to eat eggs, not those who are opposed to them. I wouldn't go into a conditioner-only thread to tell people how much I hate conditioner after all.
    Like I said I don't want to offend anyone, I just hope people are aware of risks and check it out when they get signs of heart problems like I did.
    Not everyone will be as sensitive as I am but it's just something to remember.
    I was just worried about peoples health when I read to title and wanted to share my experience.

O yeah some extra info about the link I showed in my earlier post, it isn't from a vegan site but from a doctor who tries to collect as many studies about nutrition. He tries to be as objective as possible but he's seen a lot of people die because of heart disease. His aim is to collect as much information as possible and help people with diseases that can be influenced by nutrition. Yes he advices a plant based diet but that's not the same as vegan although I understand the confusion. But this is based on studies about nutrition while vegan is more an ethical thing.

There are loads of studies that say the higher the percentage of someone's diet consist of whole plant food the healthier someone is.
    And not everyone is going to agree how high that percentage should be. And it might differ from person to person how much might be optimal.

Please be your own judge about what you think is right for you, but looking at different sources for information of information without immediately thinking its wrong can help make the correct decision for you.
    And listening to your own body is always important.

Again please don't be offended
    Last edited by kuroi; February 4th, 2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Extra info
    starting point : Longest layer at 31" (hip) shortest layer 24" (apl+) goal 1 : longest layer at 36" (TBL) goal 2 : layer free hair at 36"
    Estimated time for goal 1, april 2017

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I have read his book, that is why I said he is vegan. The website itself does not say so, which I feel is a bit dishonest. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence from lipid scientists that it is sugar and vegetable oil, not cholesterol that should be cut.

I am currently reading this: https://www.amazon.ca/Deep-Nutrition.../dp/0615228380 and when I finish, I will be reading many of the studies they cited as I do with all such books. Do not rely on snippets from websites or things "everyone" knows.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    31/37/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

I also believe vegetable oil andere sugar are unhealthy that doesn't automatically mean cholesterol isn't bad though.
    If you have a link about a comparison I would be interested to read it.
    The more information the better, especially when it's from different angles
    It won't change the fact that I won't eat eggs again as I considers the signals my body gave me the most important. I got heart disease in my family so I guess I get more freaked out by symptoms of it. And I hope other won't experience it, but don't ignore it in case it happens. But everyone is different and will react differently to food.
    starting point : Longest layer at 31" (hip) shortest layer 24" (apl+) goal 1 : longest layer at 36" (TBL) goal 2 : layer free hair at 36"
    Estimated time for goal 1, april 2017

Length
    40.6/45.6/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alissalocks View Post
    Of all the folks in this thread who are already eating this way, what is your monthly average hair growth? Really curious!
    3 boiled eggs has been my breakfast for the last couple of years, haven't seen any increase in growth since I started and to answer your question my monthly average is about 0.4 inches which is not much compare to many.
    But I can add that I feel the quality if my hair has change for the better, might be because of my morning eggs in combination that I realised that wearing my hair in a braid at night really gave my hair a lot of mechanical damage.
    https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187269095_10158652152164011_6714569555409474266_n.  jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3t0z8DrmzYgAX9mn43M&_nc_h  t=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=2a06851c05d9cf14a8913bb90a73988e&oe=60C623  D8

Length
    24/25/term

Default Re: Eggs Every Day Challange

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    That site says an egg a day is safe.
    APL......(Dec 2016)...BSL.......MBL......WAIST......HIP <--current goal

Length
    24/25/term

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    I love to cook my eggs first fried in butter, then adding in a couple of ice cubes or really cold water and covering them with a lid so that the steam cooks the top of them without me having to flip them. So cream delicious eggs this way yum!
    That's a really good idea!
    APL......(Dec 2016)...BSL.......MBL......WAIST......HIP <--current goal

Length
    Chin/36.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I went through a phase where I got obsessed with omelettes. I was doing them every day but wasn't tracking my hair growth, I assumed the eggs would be helping though.
    My favourite was to fry onions in coconut oil then whisk two eggs with turmeric and black pepper. When the omelette was nearly cooked I would top it with cheese so that would melt and go all gooey and nice then serve it up folded over. I'd have it with a zingy juice as it was quite rich and oily but delicious.
    That sounds so completely amazing... now I'm hungry!
    <- Me, bellydancing in HAIR ~

Length
    10"/APL/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm not doing an egg a day just because I get bored easily with food. But I have been upping my egg intake a bit.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alissalocks View Post
    That sounds so completely amazing... now I'm hungry!
    Hehe it is rather lovely, very rich though hence the zingy juice to go with it. If you try the recipe I hope you like it
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.