Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses what products?

Default Who uses what products?

Ever wonder who uses what products? I mostly lurk this website because I never really know what to post- till now. Through lurking I've really come to love burns__erin hair and nightshade hair. What shampoo and CO do those ladies use? I know products don't work the same for everyone, but it's worth a shot.

If you love someones hair from this site and have always wondered what do they use- ask on this post!

(i hope this thread is allowed. if not, i apologize!)

Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Who uses what products?

Hi!

Well I haven't got the best hair on the forum, but I do look after it - my texture and lack of thickness makes it very flyaway and hard to deal with at times.

I am using Redken Anti-Snap at the moment - but too early to see if it is doing anything good.
    Smells nice though and not too pricey.

I am currently using Suma shampoo - Clear and Simple. Might use something else afterwards though as it has sulphates in it and I have been hearing things about that which I am not too sure about. But it is a nice shampoo. It has no fragrance which was the reason why I bought it really. Scented stuff like shampoo doesn't always do well on my skin.

I've used Jasons - and the products are good.

I am also using a Tresemme Detangler now. It probably contains all the no no ingredients in it, but I do like it and it is much easier to comb the hair with this.

I couldn't get on with CO wash. My hair likes shampoo and so do I. But I am not washing it every day now. I use dry shampoo in between and I really like this.

Since I have gone more "natural," my hair now looks like what it is. I don't know whether that is good or bad. But I guess the only way I can achieve anything in the way of thickness or wave or curl is reverting back to my old ways and using the good old hairspray and mousse again.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ashes408 View Post
    Ever wonder who uses what products? I mostly lurk this website because I never really know what to post- till now. Through lurking I've really come to love burns__erin hair and nightshade hair. What shampoo and CO do those ladies use? I know products don't work the same for everyone, but it's worth a shot.

If you love someones hair from this site and have always wondered what do they use- ask on this post!

(i hope this thread is allowed. if not, i apologize!)
    For what it's worth I use Max Green Alchemy shampoo and conditioner and also Jason Henna Hi-Lights conditioner. I've written reviews on all them in the Reviews section

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

oh dear, I think I have the worse hair care habits on here
    I wash my hair every day with Suave clarifying shampoo and conditioner. I have really oily hair so if I don't clarify it will turn out really oily, sticky, dull, and limp >__< I already tried giving up the clarifying shampoo and conditioner and wash every other day but my hair didn't like it one bit and shed like those furry dogs my friends have.

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Juneii View Post
    oh dear, I think I have the worse hair care habits on here
    I wash my hair every day with Suave clarifying shampoo and conditioner. I have really oily hair so if I don't clarify it will turn out really oily, sticky, dull, and limp >__< I already tried giving up the clarifying shampoo and conditioner and wash every other day but my hair didn't like it one bit and shed like those furry dogs my friends have.

You can train your scalp not to overproduce oil. It is most likely doing so because you are stripping it. I used to have a very oily scalp.....I would wash in the morning and by the end of the day my hair was greasy and stuck to my head.

When I started using CO, it took about 2-3 weeks for my scalp to stop producing less oil. I used CO for about a year. I am glad that I fought through the gross hair period, because my scalp is much happier and WAY less oily. Now I CAN go 2 days without washing, but since I workout (and sweat a lot) every day I like to do a scalp only wash every day. I do have about 1-2 oilier days a month, but not nearly what it used to be.

I am currently using CV shampoo bars followed by a vinegar rinse (with a small squirt of suave conditioner in it). I also occassionally use Aussie Hair Insurance as a leave-in.

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

thanks to those of you that have replied!

Length
    27"/33"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica View Post

I am using Redken Anti-Snap at the moment - but too early to see if it is doing anything good.
    Smells nice though and not too pricey.
    Angelica -

I've been using the Redken Anti-Snap for a long time. It's GREAT before chemical colour jobs to build your hair up and protect it, or if you've annihilated your hair with chemical abuse...but if you're only using it for silkiness or shine, I've found it's not that great. It's more of a strength builder than an actual "make-look-good" treatment. I use it after showers if i'm going to have my hair up and back, never if I'm wearing it out.

If you want a product for sleek, silky, shiny soft hair after drying it, that ALSO strengethens and protects, I'd recommend "d-fuse" hair cream in a pink tube by Aroma Essentials.

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I use lush's rehab shampoo and then use coconut oil as a leave-in. I don't condition as such; the oil is enough for my hair most of the time.

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Prann spa products. Hands down, nothing else has given my hair such amazing shine and manageability. I especially love their " relaxing" hair mud in lavendar & eucalyptus. It makes hair so soft. Actually the "Relaxing" S&C also work wonders and the hair smells so nice. If I cant find that line I go with their "Rebalancing" rice bran & jasmine S&C. My only warning is there are some cones in this, but nowhere near as heavy as,let's say, a Pantene. I am currently alternating between that and VO5 conditioners to keep costs down and not over-cone.

Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by gallows_gallery View Post
    Angelica -

I've been using the Redken Anti-Snap for a long time. It's GREAT before chemical colour jobs to build your hair up and protect it, or if you've annihilated your hair with chemical abuse...but if you're only using it for silkiness or shine, I've found it's not that great. It's more of a strength builder than an actual "make-look-good" treatment. I use it after showers if i'm going to have my hair up and back, never if I'm wearing it out.

If you want a product for sleek, silky, shiny soft hair after drying it, that ALSO strengethens and protects, I'd recommend "d-fuse" hair cream in a pink tube by Aroma Essentials.

Thanks for your response.

My hair has no chemical colour. But it does need a "strength builder." I heard great reviews about it so wanted to try it as a leave-in conditioner and hopefully protect it from further breakage and split ends.

So far it is easier to comb.

I have bought two bottles so will reserve judgement until I have used them both.