Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there any way to keep growing without a huge trim now?

Length
    6"/12"/55"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Is there any way to keep growing without a huge trim now?

Do lots and lots of moisturizing treatments weekly. Do deep conditioning treatments weekly. Or, however often you feel that there is a need. I don't ever have any problems or issues with split ends! That's because I deep condition twice a week.

Length
    APL/~BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    Nope. It's basically this:

Pre-poo with Nightblooming oil blend on the last 12" of my hair 8-12 hours before a full wash (Sunflower, Avocado, Rose Hip, Hemp, Jojoba)
    Suave Daily Clarifying for full washes (once a week) and scalp only washes (every other day) I have very oily skin, and a very oily scalp as a result (genetic, tried everything in the book to stretch washes but cannot)
    V05 Strawberry Conditioner to finger comb/detangle (sometimes add Tresemme's Perfectly Undone to help it along if I'm tangly)
    Suave Green Apple to squish to condish
    Squeeze out excess water with microfiber towel
    Scrunch in Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie (very small amount)
    Smooth over with Garnier's Sleek and Shine Serum
    Put up in turbie twist for 1 hour, then down to air dry

My old routine was a wreck. Sulfate free and cones.... Lots of buildup. No clarifying. Brushing hair while it's wet, brushing hair all the time once it's dry... completely killing my wave pattern and using an ungodly amount of serum to tame the frizz. Nopenopenope... Haven't done this since I joined.

If it means anything, when I got my hair analysis back from Goosefootprints on etsy, she said my hair was in good condition... despite the abuse I put it through prior, my strands are apparently really strong. xD
    *quickly takes notes because your hair is incredible*
    Lady Maple
    Mistress of the
    Red-Leaf Glade in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HIP

Length
    APL/waist/:D
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Oooh wait so you do squish to condish ? Can you write a bit more about how you do it and how it's working for you? I tried it but my hair never stopped dripping and felt a bit coated after it tried, but the curls were great!

Length
    19/Waist/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Be very gentle with your hair and gently put it up. Split repair serum. I use Joico from a salon. Phyto also has a split repair serum that can be used in dry hair. This is triage before surgery. It will glue the splits together so they don't split further up the hairshaft. However, the repaired split is clear. I have splits at eye level and at jaw level. No way am I going to chop! The best thing to do is avoid splits altogether. I've started finger combing only and greasing my hair down with coconut oil 12 hours before hairwash. I use coconut oil because that's what I have. This has made my hair much easier to de-tangle. De-tangling is where most of my splits happened.
    Lady Malene of the Misty Memories of Yore, Shieldmaiden in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BCL+/CL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    Oooh wait so you do squish to condish ? Can you write a bit more about how you do it and how it's working for you? I tried it but my hair never stopped dripping and felt a bit coated after it tried, but the curls were great!
    I basically have my hair flipped over one shoulder, glob the conditioner in, squish it up, put my head under the water for a second, squish again... repeat until the water runs just about clear, but not quite. I've made the mistake of leaving too much conditioner in myself, what works for me is rinsing about about 90% of it and leaving the rest as a light coating, all squished up in there.

Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Classic by Christmas 2017 | Finger combing since August '16 | Wearing hair up since July '16 | No trims since December '15

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That is one thing I never mastered, that "squish to condish" thing. I think it's wasting good product. Nope, not my cup of tea, it's probably a YMMV thing.
    Lady Senua of the Golden Mask in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    WCC method (washing) + Rinse-out oil (MO) + LOC method (styling)

Length
    CL/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I basically have my hair flipped over one shoulder, glob the conditioner in, squish it up, put my head under the water for a second, squish again... repeat until the water runs just about clear, but not quite. I've made the mistake of leaving too much conditioner in myself, what works for me is rinsing about about 90% of it and leaving the rest as a light coating, all squished up in there.
    What exactly is the benefit of doing this?
    I would be afraid of leaving too much product in. Then again, I WCCC (yes you heard that right, I condition 3 times!) so I might not need to squish.

Squish to condish... heh.. idk why it makes me giggle.

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ TBL
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.