Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damaged hair due to cutting with home scissors!

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Damaged hair due to cutting with home scissors!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Did you change any of your products around? Any other changes in your routine? Could be because it's much shorter (that it dries faster). Easy enough to explain. Doesn't mean porosity levels have suddenly changed; that can't just happen like that.
    I think you're right. I know very little about porosity. I never thought that products can change the texture. Thanks

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Anshul585 View Post
    I think you're right. I know very little about porosity. I never thought that products can change the texture. Thanks
    No. You misunderstood me. Products can't change the texture/porosity. It can explain why it dried faster, also it is significantly shorter, of *course* that is going to dry faster.

This has *nothing* whatsoever to do with porosity.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    10/34/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

That happened to me when I used hair trimming scissors from Sally's. It's not that they became dull, but I was starting to see splits right after I trimmed with them so I suspected them to be the culprit.
    There's a professional grooming place next to my house that sells professional hair cutting scizzors so I just went down there, showed the guy my scizzors and told him my dillema. He said the Sally's scizzors were still sharp and looked brand new but they have one sharp edge and one serrated edge, and he said that "may or may not cause split ends". The way he described it sounded like the seratted edged ones help hold the hair in place and for some people that works, but for others it causes splits. Basically he told me, the scizzors may or may not be responsible for my split ends, but I didn't want to risk it.
    So I got him to recommend a better pair, and so I ended up buying a much better kind that has two extremely sharp edges, no serrated edge, and I re-trimmed my splits as soon as I got home with them, and wow are those scizzors ever sharp, they work way better than the previous pair I got at sally's.

And I can't remember how much the Sally's ones were but they weren't cheap.
    The new ones I have were 70 bucks, so probably more than I spent on the pair I got at Sally's. But they work so much better, and aren't causing split ends for me at all.
    Last edited by thunderseed; January 11th, 2017 at 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes, it's too early

Length
    28/19/28
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Which scissors did you use for your hair?

Length
    28/19/28
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Sorry first time using this forum.I was referring to Canelle.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello Sylvia, welcome to the forum! I'm quite new myself The scissors I use are called 'jaguar pre style relax'. I got them off of Amazon one or two years ago. Before that I had ones from a drugstore, those didn't cause any major damage, but switching to the jaguar pre style made me realize how dull the ones from the drugstore were. The drugstore scissors bent my hair before cutting as I have thick hair, the jaguar pre style cuts it off right away. In addition to that, I can go a lot longer in between trims now and they aren't too expensive either. I'm not sure if you can get them anywhere other than Germany though, you'll have to find out using google.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by thunderseed View Post
    That happened to me when I used hair trimming scissors from Sally's. It's not that they became dull, but I was starting to see splits right after I trimmed with them so I suspected them to be the culprit.
    There's a professional grooming place next to my house that sells professional hair cutting scizzors so I just went down there, showed the guy my scizzors and told him my dillema. He said the Sally's scizzors were still sharp and looked brand new but they have one sharp edge and one serrated edge, and he said that "may or may not cause split ends". The way he described it sounded like the seratted edged ones help hold the hair in place and for some people that works, but for others it causes splits. Basically he told me, the scizzors may or may not be responsible for my split ends, but I didn't want to risk it.
    So I got him to recommend a better pair, and so I ended up buying a much better kind that has two extremely sharp edges, no serrated edge, and I re-trimmed my splits as soon as I got home with them, and wow are those scizzors ever sharp, they work way better than the previous pair I got at sally's.

And I can't remember how much the Sally's ones were but they weren't cheap.
    The new ones I have were 70 bucks, so probably more than I spent on the pair I got at Sally's. But they work so much better, and aren't causing split ends for me at all.
    Thanks for the info. I never thought it could be because of the serrated edge. I'll check mine. .

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cannelle View Post
    Hello Sylvia, welcome to the forum! I'm quite new myself The scissors I use are called 'jaguar pre style relax'. I got them off of Amazon one or two years ago. Before that I had ones from a drugstore, those didn't cause any major damage, but switching to the jaguar pre style made me realize how dull the ones from the drugstore were. The drugstore scissors bent my hair before cutting as I have thick hair, the jaguar pre style cuts it off right away. In addition to that, I can go a lot longer in between trims now and they aren't too expensive either. I'm not sure if you can get them anywhere other than Germany though, you'll have to find out using google.
    I've heard of jaguar before and yeah it has many good reviews.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cannelle View Post
    Those are like Mercedes-style scissors, IYKWIM. That's like, a big brand. Can't go wrong with those!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)