Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

Default Re: The Non-Growth Oriented Thread for Shorter Lengths

I have to say I'm really enjoying my short(er) hair. Went from waist + to barely shoulder length and it's awesomesauce! It's still long enough so that I can put it into a ponytail and short enough that I can wear it down all the time without being bothered ... Love it. I've also freshened up my henna, so it just feels great. I'm now exploring styling options and it's fun! I feel like I'm rediscovering my hair - it behaves much differently when shorter and I especially love the new bigger volume around my face where my hair used to lay flat due to the heaviness of the length ... It's been a week since the big chop and I'm super happy with the result! I'm still going to get the back a tad shorter and maybe even get a tad more layers in the back to increase the poof, haha. So happy!

Just wondering ... ever since cutting your hair shorter, do you have any new product favorites?

Also, has your haircare routine changed much?

I just ordered a pretty expensive hairspray from John Master's Organics that's alcohol free and the main ingredient is Aloe Vera - that is really my first venture into new hair products ... I would not dream of using a hair spray when I had long hair, but now, why not!
    Last edited by tealeafdancer; October 22nd, 2017 at 02:08 PM.

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

tealeafdancer your new cut sounds great, glad you are happy with it Do you have any piccies to post...?

raemarthe your new length looks lovely.

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I feel more free to do things like use hot rollers or my blow dryer, so I now have a heat protection spray that I wouldn't have used back when my hair was long because I avoided heat then.

Length
    BCL/CBL/hmm
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tealeafdancer View Post
    I have to say I'm really enjoying my short(er) hair. Went from waist + to barely shoulder length and it's awesomesauce! It's still long enough so that I can put it into a ponytail and short enough that I can wear it down all the time without being bothered ... Love it. I've also freshened up my henna, so it just feels great. I'm now exploring styling options and it's fun! I feel like I'm rediscovering my hair - it behaves much differently when shorter and I especially love the new bigger volume around my face where my hair used to lay flat due to the heaviness of the length ... It's been a week since the big chop and I'm super happy with the result! I'm still going to get the back a tad shorter and maybe even get a tad more layers in the back to increase the poof, haha. So happy!
    I feel exactly the same way, like I'm rediscovering my hair. I had no idea it could be as bouncy and swishy as it is! And the VOLUME!! Yowza. I'm finding that I have a new appreciation for my hair. I'm glad that you're happy with your cut PS/ I just got it cut even shorter today

Quote Originally Posted by tealeafdancer View Post
    Just wondering ... ever since cutting your hair shorter, do you have any new product favorites?

Also, has your haircare routine changed much?

I just ordered a pretty expensive hairspray from John Master's Organics that's alcohol free and the main ingredient is Aloe Vera - that is really my first venture into new hair products ... I would not dream of using a hair spray when I had long hair, but now, why not!
    BLEACH! heh heh. I just bleached my hair for the first time in over ten years! My routine is actually not that much different, I just don't oil/hot oil anymore. Also, I've actually found that the leave ins that I have that were doing NOTHING on my long hair work wonders on my short! I also very much love using my flat iron again!

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I feel more free to do things like use hot rollers or my blow dryer, so I now have a heat protection spray that I wouldn't have used back when my hair was long because I avoided heat then.
    FREE...I can't stop saying it enough. It sure makes me wonder, though, how/why/when did my hair, sort of, take over my brain/mind/emotions that I feel so free of it now?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Wreckinbelle, I feel exactly the same way. I got stuck in a mindset that the right thing to do was keep my hair as natural and in as good of condition as possible. It's like I expected to win a prize or something. Now I call it "drinking the LHC kool-aid"; haha. As I've said, I'm enjoying being able to wear it down whenever I want to and style it however I please without freaking out that I might ruin it. I think it's just as pretty as it was when it was long but in a different way.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

:comes in here for inspiration for styles at my length if any have been posted lately: :sees wreckinbelle's new avatar:

Last edited by Corvana; October 23rd, 2017 at 12:00 AM.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/F/ii

Hi! Maybe I kind of belong here although I might grow mine a bit. I am not so sure. I am just happy to have a full head of hair. While ago I thought I would loose it. Just.. having hair feels great. It's so precious now. I use hairwax and don't really hesitate to blow dry it or anything. I never did those things when my hair was longer (midback lenght. I don't want it that long again). I am not that focused on growing it. I am just enjoying having it and I am trying to keep having it as long as possible.

Length
    BCL/CBL/hmm
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    :comes in here for inspiration for styles at my length if any have been posted lately: :sees wreckinbelle's new avatar:

Heh heh Thanks Corvana! :*

Length
    pixie/chin/shldr
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I've got a chin-length bob (grown out from a get-the-henna-gone pixie) and it's such an easy length. Because I'm now retired and not as concerned about how my hair looks for work, I'm going to try to grow it to shoulder for the heck of it. But I could just as easily stay with the bob and live happily ever after.

I do love cutting my own hair, which I've done for a very long time. It gives me pleasure and is satisfying. I'm not sure I can give up my scissor happy ways, but I'm going to try to moderate my need to solve a temporary hair problem by trimming and see if waiting it out longer might help.

The care routines I've learned on LHC over the years were life-changing and work very well on short hair as longer lengths, and for me that's the #1 reason I come here.