Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disaster haircut! Please help

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Disaster haircut! Please help

Yes that's only going to take a few months to get some length to weigh it down and smooth back into your hair. Give it some time. There is no need to chop the rest off for that itty bit of hair. It's kind of cute, although I do understand the frustration.

Maybe the hairdresser had a heat styling tool mishap? Or a dye mishap? Did you notice it before the haircut? Probably no, huh? Did you have your hair heat styled during the session, or dyed?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I truly don't think the hair stylist did that. It's not blunt enough to have been cut, and I think you would have seen her in the mirror if she paused at the crown to hack off a chunk. Some of those hairs look pointy, like new-grown hairs. Perhaps you had a mishap months back where some hairs got torn out. This happened to me years ago when I was squatting on the kitchen floor playing with my puppy, and when I stood up about 8-10 hairs got ripped out because they were stuck in the hinge of a cabinet door. Later I noticed that I had a lone tuft where those hairs were growing back in. Also, sometimes a cluster of hairs all shed out at once, then grow back together.

Anyway, a side parting sounds like a good solution. When those hairs get more length, they'll lay down.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I truly don't think the hair stylist did that. It's not blunt enough to have been cut, and I think you would have seen her in the mirror if she paused at the crown to hack off a chunk. Some of those hairs look pointy, like new-grown hairs. Perhaps you had a mishap months back where some hairs got torn out. This happened to me years ago when I was squatting on the kitchen floor playing with my puppy, and when I stood up about 8-10 hairs got ripped out because they were stuck in the hinge of a cabinet door. Later I noticed that I had a lone tuft where those hairs were growing back in. Also, sometimes a cluster of hairs all shed out at once, then grow back together.

Anyway, a side parting sounds like a good solution. When those hairs get more length, they'll lay down.
    spidermom, chemical cuts are typically like that, uneven and as though the hair has grown out.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    spidermom, chemical cuts are typically like that, uneven and as though the hair has grown out.
    I understand. The chemical cut possibility had already been mentioned. I wanted to offer a different possibility. OP didn't say anything about chemical services.

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Did the stylist iron your hair? Maybe those hairs were burned off?

Length
    CBL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

That looks like damage/breakage. I definitely would not cut all your hair to match such a teeny tiny little section of hair

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lou View Post
    Did the stylist iron your hair? Maybe those hairs were burned off?
    This is what I think as well. You mentioned she worked a lot to flatten your hair. If she used a hot iron or blow dried it too harshly/roughly, she might have (accidentally) caused that.

I do agree that a side part for a couple months until it flattens out will be the easiest solution

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I understand. The chemical cut possibility had already been mentioned. I wanted to offer a different possibility. OP didn't say anything about chemical services.
    That's very true. But, you never know. Wondering where the OP is, for that matter.

Length
    pixie/apl/waist

Thanks for the advice guys, side part seems to be working so far and I'm glad you think it'll only take a few months to blend in. In answer to the questions; the stylist blow dried it close to the hair with a brush but didn't straighten it and I didn't feel any ripping. She didn't have to do much to make it flat, just blow dried it down and put some serum on. I mostly air dry my hair, or dry the roots/fringe a bit and rarely straighten it (when I do its on a very low heat setting). I have used lush henna on my hair twice but other than that, no dyes since I was about 17, so none of that will still be in my hair by now. I don't use any chemicals on my hair, don't tease it or do much in the way of styling. Sometime I braid it or wear a ponytail/bun but not super tight. I've never had pieces snap or break off, it's in pretty good condition, and tends to be more oily than dry type hair. It does look strange and not like its been cut it a straight line, but I honestly never saw it until the hair cut, so it seems a pretty big coincidence. I will also try to get some serum to help keep that bit down.

Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have that too. For me, it is just a lot (!) of new hair in the same area though. I had a really big shed a few months back and I also bumped my head really hard. I mean really realy hard. I stood up and didn't see that someone had openend the cabinet door above me. I had a bump and when I saw this tuft of hair stcking out a few months later I figured maybe it was because of this.
    Current lenght: 83cm/ almost 33" ~ may 19 2018 ~ Made it to waistlength!