Thread: No poo or low poo for fine hair?

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default No poo or low poo for fine hair?

Hi I'm just curious if anyone can tell me their experiences with these two methods with fine hair?
    I have very fine hair, gets oily at the scalp easily, tends to be more limp at the scalp.

Thanks.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: No poo or low poo for fine hair?

Maybe try looking up the WO (water only), SO (sebum only) threads on here. If that's what you meant by low poo.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Today my hairs are thicker (mostly because of hendigo) but when I began CO (condidioner only) my hair was definitely fine and it works for me. My scalp on the drier side. Before CO and when I washed more often, my scalp used to be flaky and dry, yet my hair would be very oily.

What no/low poo methods do you consider? Water only? Conditioner only? Sulfate free shampoos? Something else?

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

I have fine hair and water only didn't go so well for me..... MAJOR hair loss. It could have been a coincidence that my health crashed *when I was doing a water only experiment, OR, more likely, I had a fungal issue on my scalp which got WORSE with not washing my scalp and the oil built up. Who knows? All I know is that was a disaster for me. My hair never recovered from that.

Nightmare.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Water only worked really well on my mostly medium but some fine hair to create volume. Only reason I stopped is because the bbb shredded my hair. Plus I was trying to get a job at the time, so I couldn't afford (literally) to go through the transition phase.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆